Anyone remember a World Series of Poker game?

May be. But I can’t find an authorized copy anywhere, I even tried the email of the original author/developer (I think I reviewed this game way back then) so I don’t feel bad about it. Also, I’m PRETTY sure that the huge boxes of old games that my wife keeps trying to get me to eBay off has a copy of the CD (I was too lazy to pull those out and dig through them.)

Anyway, I just made it to the second day of the WSOP tourney, got congratulated and they reseated everyone. Drew cards for the dealer chip to start the second day. I’m actually doing well so far, in 5th place.

I’ve actually noticed there are CD copies around for sale on the cheap, but a lot seems to be about as legit as if I printed it myself! What an obscure game, it’s a shame for the author it came out before the WSOP fad, and for us that no games seem to have ever tried to do this again.
I am quite excited to see it crash on my Macintosh because of some weird memory error ;D

I could have sworn I played a WSOP game in the 2000s, but maybe it just used the structure, not the branding.

There have been games that kind of do the WSOP or use the name. There’s an app that is the “official WSOP” app but it is filled with pop up ads and offers to buy chips or win chips etc. and it’s online vs. offline. Online poker with fake money isn’t poker - no risk, wild play, stupid play, etc.

Not sure where to put this, but didn’t see a general poker thread.

Apparently Doyle Brunson passed away.

I see @JeffL apparently found the game we was looking for I was going to suggest it was one of the Wilson Software poker games, that had a really basic interface for many years going back to the 90s. The Wilson software titles were the kings of poker software for a long time, letting you run simulations, and all sorts of things. The owner apparently sold it off at some point in the past decade, and I imagine once things like Poker Academy and the ai people were working on at the time came about, business probably fell off.

I welcome our first? AI.
I wonder if the portrait is computer generated content too.

Yeah, it’s just as clunky as I recall, but I enjoy the “career” mode of trying to earn enough to get into the tourney or winning an entry satellite. Then watching the number of players in the tourney start to shrink and getting excited about being in the money.

I would love a modern version with simply and upgraded interface and graphics.