Anyone want to play a game of chess?

Interesing project to get a chess engine to play like a regular human:

Well, I managed to win the nebraska state championship. At least, co-championship as I tied with the other winner.

Congratulations! America’s newest brightest chess talent!

!!!

Congratulations! Well played!

That’s amazing! Congrats!

Here’s the games. I’m “jacob wagner”. round 1 didnt go so well, but then the other rounds were a lot smoother. In the game against Nick I won the exchange on h8 but he got counterplay with his bishop and queen battery. My proper play was to retreat my queen out and let him take on g2. However, I just couldn’t do it because I was worried about any counterplay he might have. Instead I played f3 which I thought was fine but soon afterwards I realized that if he checks me he can get his queen into f2, combined with a bishop sacrifice by him and I cannot escape perpetual check!

The end of this Candidates tournament is getting nuts. Ian, Hikaru tied on 8.

The last two games of round 13 are tense - Fabi looking to go to 8 as well. Gukesh could go to 8.5!

Wow yep - Ian, Hikaru, Fabi on 8. Gukesh on 8.5.

Tomorrow - Hikaru plays Gukesh and Fabi plays Ian! Anyone can win.

It’s a great tournament. Many attractive games.

My man Gukesh - 17 years old!

Wow - well they were two of the more exciting draws I’ve seen! Ian, Fabi and Hikaru all end on 8.5. Gukesh on 9. Fabi had excellent chances to take it to the tie-break, but missed his moment.

India v China for the world championship title - what a time.

Indeed! What an incredible tournament! It will take a while to wrap my head around the fact that a 17-year-old is going to play for the world championship.

You gotta hand it to Magnus - rocks up to TT and plays just a terrible, meme joke opening and proceeds to obliterate high level GMs with it.