Anyone want to play a game of chess?

Team Scandi!

yeah, he is a nice guy, and great chess explainer. I just cut a video with him and GM Huschenbeth, when they played titled tuesday last week (I edit videos and make thumbnails for Huschenbeths chess channel). Of course he played the Scandinavian…

That’s very cool. You must be very good at both chess and video to be working at that level. Congrats!

I’m going to look at it now, thanks.

EDIT: Just looked at as far as I can tell it is just for timed tourneys, not for correspondence. I think challonge should suffice, it does the pairings.

@razgon do you want me to start a separate thread for the tourney or use this for smack talk? And do you want it? You started this thread looking for a game, after all.

@newbrof @schurem @Juan_Raigada @justaguy2 @vyshka @krayzkrok @SamS @AWS260

Let’s do this. Here are the pairings for the first round.

The player in the top position of the pair should start the game in lichess.
Game settings:

Make sure you have starting color set to random. If a player needs 3 games per turn for a game, check with the opponent and me.

Also, I found one potential problem – when I sent my invite to @schurem, it said he only accepts challenges from friends. Apparently friends are simply players who are following one another. So if you encounter that problem in setting up the game, make sure you are following one another. Follow the person by right-clicking on their name and choosing ‘follow.’ @schurem, you must do that for me (I think) to get our game started. So despite all of us on a team, I went through and followed each of you.

Again, the settings for the tourney are:

• Swiss tourney with 14 participants of five rounds
  • One point for a win, half point for a draw
  • Tie-breaker after five rounds is a single elimination bracket featuring those tied with most points
  • Games conducted on lichess, results tracked on challonge here.
  • Initial round randomized (I’d reroll rather than use the one above)
  • Starting color for each game is randomized
  • Two days maximum per turn, but if you think you’re going to need more time, let your opponent and me know before the game starts.
  • Winner is declared a Qt3 Grandmaster for all of time.

Good luck to all!

@Mark_Crump @Murph @gringokidd @Starflightdream @jsnell
Tagging you here because Qt3 only allows 10 tags in one post. See post above.

@Juan_Raigada I created a link to our game:

@Mark_Crump, this is a link to our game. I haven’t done this before, so I hope it works:

Its fine - go ahead and use this thread. Its what it was created for after all :-)

@vyshka

I don’t have a correspondence rating ;)

invited @mmurphy1

I cancelled this game, because I am not @Mark_Crump … Zalliben is the lichess user you are looking for (according to the challenge table).

@tylertoo invite sent, lets get it on.

@krayzkrok, yeah its weird like that. The invite is sent tho, so it’ll be alright.

no, in the main screen, you can hit the crossed swords to check the status later

Don’t worry that is a lichess rating, so it doesn’t say much :)

Chessbase offers a 25% discount on everything twice a year. Usually to push a new release. Their current sale startet a couple of hours ago and it will run for 24 hours. The new product is Chessbase 16.

Yes, just saw that.

Your move Crocodile Man!

Mmmm, I accessed the game as anonymous and now I can’t access it anymore… doesn’t let me to move pieces, even if I log out.

good to know about this escape hatch if my game starts going badly… 😂