Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Is there still a solo mode? Or was this just temporary?

Gingerturtle, Solo was temporary.

Dave,
There are at least 2 vaults I’ve found so far. Both are in mountain pass areas.
I’ve shot the cargo bot when it turns gold and the best I’ve gotten is 2 gold armors in a drop but no key. I’m guessing if the timer is real that will be when they add the key but who knows.

Next time you play, check out the train station. You’ll see cargo containers on ground as normal, but then others pop out of the ground and eventually went back down. I was wondering if you could maybe hide in there when it goes back down, but I couldn’t figure out who or how we raised them. My teammates weren’t on mic so it’s still a mystery to me.

Agree on Caustic in the end game, but you have to get there (survive). Last night I had a game where I had a gold backpack and 7 Phoenix kits! Drops are crazy.

Also the storm is much worse on this map (in a good way). It takes a long time to get to the circle so you really can fight like you could on the previous map you really have to travel. Also the map has cut off areas where you can’t get out of the storm like you could on the old map. I’ve had 2 really great matches where one team was cut off and died because they could get out of the storm due to dead ends.

My last game a wraith it as 3 teams 3,3, and 1 (me). I held up in a room. the other teams are fighting. Crypto sends in a drone where I’m hiding and then emp’ed the room. I port out just as it goes off and run under the building. No damage. They charge the room as the storm is coming. It’s the last safe place.I’m hiding under the building when the other team charges in with grenades. The storm kills all of them and I win. Good times.

Ha! That’s awesome! I won as a duo last night after our “buddy” quit out even before the drop seemingly because he couldn’t pick Crypto. eye roll We did some real work in that one including third partying some guys right as their fight ended to clean up all three. That random Crypto was already really good at using his drone to scout and the information was invaluable.

I will definitely have a look at those cargo containers. That would be pretty cool to have something underground there. Have you looked for another entrance to the underground?

I noticed that drops are definitely a little geared up now. I like it! I think ammo drops are down though. Agree? I kinda wish they’d make the gold weapon drops a little more common than they are. I’ve really only ever seen about three or four of those special kits since they started dropping them to start the game.

You are absolutely right that navigating the map in front of the storm can be a capital B Bitch. I got caught out last night because I didn’t realize the only path was actually a tunnel where the train went through under the platform I was standing on. I’ve also gotten trapped on the wrong side of a mountain and trying to get around was just a bridge too far. It’s definitely a GOOD thing.

@gingerturtle, I do think I’ll be back sometime. Seriously though, Apex is one of the best random player multiplayer games I’ve ever played. People are about 90% awesome at just playing the game well and working together. The way the game is designed, it’s just too easy to be friendly with everyone on your team. You can play without voice chat and be super team worthy because of the pinging system. Mute everyone at the start if it really bugs you to hear other folks, but even then you can just let them talk and not engage and no one will get mad or anything as long as you’re pinging gear and locations and enemies.

Apex Legends is seriously the closest you’ll ever get to humans as bots in a first person shooter IMO because you can be as anonymous as you wanna be and yet have a really good time with people who are all focused on the goal of winning the match.

Oh, and I’d like to point out I just love the personality of all the Legends including the new guy. They’re just so much fun. Mirage and Octane crack me up regularly.

Maybe it’s just me, but I adore their cinematics for this game too…

I know people might be upset this isn’t Titanfall 3, but I think one day we’ll get that, and Apex is going to make that possible.

Hey @Shieldwolf, check out the end of this trailer…

I bet those keys are already in unless that countdown is tied to an event?

Was just reading stuff and found this… omg!

From the other perspective…

Data mined from the new release…

also, a lot of people are talking about the size of the new map and that Titans may be coming this season…

Agree about the ammo drops. CAN I PLEASE GET SOME HEAVY AMMO!!!
My tolerance for those who quit early, play without mics, try and be a hero is growing really short (maybe too short). If you die, give me a minute to recoup your tags and don’t count me out just because it looks bad. I even get it if you don’t have mics, but when I’m saying I’m coming to get you and I’m literally in the next room don’t quit out.

Was in another game yesterday 2 men down (not killed). Pathfinder gets out of the fight. Has the chance to rez us as 2 other parties are now fighting close by but near our bodies. Instead of healing us he decides to go Rambo and is immediately obliterated. Meanwhile, I shouting at the guy to come get us and then we go fight.

The Mirage/Crypto banter is fantastic in the trailer for season 3. Really great job by Respawn on making these characters “fleshed” out and continuing to build on it.

Shadow squad sounds like a great halloween event. I’ve been holding off on buying a finishing move or skin to see what they might add for Halloween. I’d love to see a Titan as a finishing move or special drop.

FIGURED out the hidden cargo containers. When the train stops at a station. It activates the containers and they rise up. When the train leaves they lower. Not sure if you can hide in it and not die, probably not worth it waiting for the train to hopefully get back to you before you’re killed by the circle, but who knows.

There are 2 vaults I’ve found so far. One is in a pass to the east underground (i’ll get you name in a bit). There’s another on the west side.

Perfect example of don’t drop out before the game ends. Last night. I start a game 1st teammate drops mid jump. We land and then the other teammate decides there’s no reason to play and drops.
I go on to fight 3 different teams and win champion. Best victory ever. Curious do my dropped teammates score a win? If so or not, I want to rub it in their faces.

P.S. the Flatline hop is ridiculously good.

I don’t think they get anything if they quit out. They don’t even know you won.

I didn’t get to play much because we were Smashing last night, but in the last of the couple I played, the guy was just about to leave (we lost our third on the drop) when he realized I was trying for his box in a really hot drop at the train station. I got his banner and dipped. Went to the nearest respawn point that wasn’t at the station and had him back in the game. We finished third.

He said he was just about to quit before I grabbed the banner. Didn’t think I even had a chance. I really don’t understand that logic. The game is built around the idea that you can respawn your teammates. It creates even more tension than a standard battle royale could create because there’s always that extra heroic opportunity when you bring everyone back and go on to win it all.

One thing regarding the train. You probably know, but there’s a panel that stops and starts it on the train itself. You could maybe stop it at the station and keep those containers up?

Yeah the train is great at the beginning. Also it’s fun to send it out of the circle in the middle of a fight and watch people realize too late.

Oh and Crypto!!! I totally didn’t realize the drone can open doors and and chests. Talk about some epic stuff people are not using to their full potential. I used it to check chests and not waste time running around and better yet, be recon for my team in hot zones so no one dies. I have a total new respect for Crypto.

Knowledge is the most valuable of things in a battle royale, so the more you can gain it without risking yourself, the better off you and your team will be. That’s really powerful use of Crypto to open doors and chests like that. I think the recon during a fight is totally undervalued. It’s why I’ve always thought Bloodhound was one of the most important legends. The difference is Crypto can do it from afar and it’s not just a single pulse.

That was amazing, and I love all their reactions!

Yeah, that was awesome. I love that these games allow for that kind of player driven fun. It’s really cool seeing what people can do in shooters that give you this freedom of movement and have unique and interesting abilities you can combine in fun ways.

I didn’t get to play too much this weekend, but when I did I was definitely doing well. I’m Silver IV now in ranked which basically means it costs me rank points to play a game for those who have never done ranked. If you play well, you keep increasing. If not, you can stay kinda stuck. It’s important to play well and to try to drop places you’re not an immediate pincushion, which is a lot more fun overall! It also means you have to be patient because even if you end up a death box, your team has to try to bring you back. The better you finish, the more likely your paid in rank points are returned and then some. It’s extremely hard to win when you’re just one guy, especially against good players, and they get a lot better as you increase in rank.

I made a couple new friends last night because we were really running well as a team. I had a mic but neither of them did and that was ok! We simply worked off the ping system and I was talking as well, calling out targets, helping coordinate our locations, etc. We finished second a couple times and got a win as well.

One thing I think holds people back when they start out in this game is they play too cautiously. You want to have caution when you’re entering a fight, but until you see or hear someone, caution should be thrown to the wind most of the time. Keep moving, looting, and looking around and do it as fast as you possibly can. I enjoy this game so much because of its lack of downtime. It’s balls to the wall and thinking quick is so important. When it’s over you can evaluate your death and usually know that you made a bad split second decision somewhere right before that, and correct it in the next game.

I’m sure that’s why it doesn’t resonate with some folks, because they want to think and play more deliberately. That’s not how Apex works. You want to make great decisions as quickly as you can. It’s not about rushing in, but choosing the right way to approach and attack to maximize firepower on one target and then move on to the next.

The new map has really rekindled my love for this game and it was really only waning just a tiny bit before it came out. It is just so much fun when your team rolls like a well-oiled machine. And the weapons… they’re just so much fun to use. I even enjoy the 2020 and Mozambique when I get stuck with them at the beginning!

Agreed. Just had an awesome game. we had done so well then got 3rd partied. My teammate dropped just as I picked up his banner.
I was able to make a portal that sent you off a cliff out of circle. Down to 3 teams. I get 2 more (not in the same team). I get taken out. My teammate gets away. Now it’s 4 players left 3 teams. They get him too after he pulls off an awesome kill. Now I’m out he’s down and I suddenly realize he has gold shield. The champ is killing the two remaining players. My teammate is in eye shot of the champ who is going for the drop. Teammate self revives and lights up the champ for the win. GLORIOUS!!!

That’s a fantastic sequence of events! Awesome!

The gold shield is great but it’s so hard to use it in that last segment of the game because usually people will take the extra time to finish you off so you can’t. That three way fight really helped in that situation!

With PlayStation it’s so easy to save video of a match that I often save my wins to watch later, especially if they’ve had some real ups and downs. One thing that amazes me is how often someone was on my screen at a distance and I just plain missed them and never spotted them. That sucks! Makes me feel old. :)

And I just had this little jem of a moment.
Crypto Mirage Wraith (me). Down to 5 teams. We kill team 5 but Mirage falls and quits out. Crypto and I make our way to the city. We fight 2 more teams Crypto opens a door to trick the baddies. While I mow them down from behind. It’s down to 2 teams. Circle is at its 2nd to last point. Just outside of circle on the roof of a building Caustic, Mirage, Lifeline are camping. I get hit but phoenix kit behind cover. Crypto goes action hero downs Lifeline while i finish her. He goes after Mirage. He dies. Knocks Mirage, but Caustic revives. I’m healing. Circle closing I see Mirage and Caustic jumping off roof. I fall back on the other side of a wall by mistake get over the wall to fight caustic who downs me. For some reason he thinks there is another teammate and climbs the wall and heals up. I start using my gold knock down. Get back up as Caustic climbs over. We just start shooting. I get a head shot and he goes down. Mirage is still somewhere. I start to phoenix kit knowing Mirage must be coming. Then i hear Caustic also has gold shield. Stop healing and shoot caustic for win!
Apparently, Mirage could not heal before circle got him and he died.

Basically I was about to make the same mistake as caustic did but whether you’re on my team or not, I dont leave people behind. :)

Another fun little trap videon, which I cant seem to link, is Caustic waiting in the rafters while his lifeline is in the bathroom a team comes in kills the Lifeline and they all pile in the toilet. Caustic drops his trap and ultimate. So they cant get out of the tiny bathroom and all die. Very, very funny.

The vault can be opened!

I know it’s all of like two of us playing this, but I am consistently amazed at just how good it is and how much fun this new map can be.

First, I have been in two opened vaults now. Keys are in the supply bots that roam around the map. The first time we got into one we killed another team and got their key. The second time we got into one it was because we shot the bot and made a beeline for the nearest vault that was inside the circle. We almost won the second game and might have won the first one. I forget. I’ve actually had a lot of wins recently, which has been great.

The thing I like best is just how friendly everyone is when I play Apex. Sometimes I don’t click with a person that’s too chatty, or seems rather caught up in still learning things, but often even those people are still pretty good players. The skill level of people who play Apex seems rather high, which again, I really like.

I am especially fond of how this bigger map has made long range gunfights a LOT more interesting. While the spaces between are often flat and vast, there are also often high points scattered around you can fight from. It’s really important to snag these spots before other teams can as the circle closes. And the circle on this map is waaaaay more frightening than it’s ever been. By the third circle, you really need to have your shit together because you do not want to be caught in that.

I’ve also been switching up my character to complete Daily and Weekly objectives and am really having fun moving between them. I tend to forget to use their specials and ultimates, but after a few games I am grooving. Octane probably got nerfed the hardest by the large map even though his speed is useful at times. With so many longer range fights, he just doesn’t come in handy all that often. He’s still a gd riot though with some of the best quips.

This guy is insane… bad language inside… but he’s using an Xbox controller on PC. 20 kills. 5000 damage.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/492495616##

The new event is official. Starts tomorrow. It’s a little like Infection in Halo. When you die, you get put in the zombie pool. You only have melee attacks. Once there are ten players left, they must work together to reach a dropship, Titanfall loser style.

OMG.
Cheat bots go to him to do better. Wow. He doesn’t miss a shot.