Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Postponed!

They win the “Best Multiplayer Game” at TGA.

And they give everyone this garbage.

It’s so damn fun! I played it last night. It’s basically a nine player three on three on three fight for the train, which serves as a capture point in king of the hill style. It moves from stop to stop and it’s only able to be captured at each stop. Loadouts for each character are set so you pick your guns and your character at the same time. I got a couple wins and it was a blast. Enjoyed it a lot more than the Halloween event to be honest because it didn’t feel like it was as unwinnable as that could be.

Mirage’s luxury hangout is just a big party ship at one spot on the map that’s got a lot of loot. That’s a fun place to drop in regular matches. I had a good time with that too and finished second in the one game I played.

Some of the cosmetics are fun. I’m not sure why it’s “garbage”? It’s all light hearted fun, like the character that’s having the bash!

Caustic’s “I enjoy the winter months” is followed up by “because everything dies.” He gets some of the best voice clips. :)

I started playing again last week, and I discovered two things.

1. I’m suddenly trash at FPSs, or eveyone is using XIM adapters.
  2. I still have FOMO over the battle pass, and timed exclusive unlocks, and I hate it.

You’re not missing out. I never got BP one. I did get this one, but the only thing I really have cared about in it is the Apex Coins so I can buy the next one with them without paying again. Even if I don’t get there, it’s just… stuff. You’ll unlock lots of neat things just by playing.

Apex is a skill game, no doubt about it. What platform are you on?

Xbox. I’m probably just way out of practice, and the people left playing are all hardcore. Back when I quit my kill counts were in the neighborhood of everyone else, now I don’t even get a shot on target before I’m dead. It’s impossible to have that level of snap accuracy with a controller, while running and jumping, so they’re all using XIMs, which means everyone is cheating :P

I know I’m not missing out, but when games through a progression meter at me with a timer it triggers a psychological need to fill the meter. And I know it’s happening, and it makes me angry with the game. It’s an exploitative gimmick that is very upsetting to me.

Dave,
Where is the Mirage’s Playhouse? I was trying to figure out how to get that achievement.

Look for the fireworks when you drop. It’s north of Thermal Station in the crook of the L in the mountains there. Mirage Voyage!

I haven’t done it yet, but there’s a button you have to push up on the top of the ship that will “Start the party” and give you the completion on the challenge.

Also, Double XP weekend!

Neat article here about how they actually had Mirage on screen last night in real-time at TGA.

Oh man. Just had an epic game. Mirage, Crypto and Wraith. We get in a fight I’m down to no health no shields. Crypto is down but not dead wraith gets hit and drops out of the game! I kill the squad bring back crypto and heal up. The circle is coming in. We get to the capital I hear a team. I tell crypto who is Immediately attacked,dropped and thirsted. He knocked one and I kill the two as they are healing up. I revive crypto just outside the city. Give him a peacekeeper. We’re immediately attacked again. I give him enough time to loot the care package for blue armor and ee fall back into circle and into the out city. We take the first building and load up. 5 teams left. First squad comes in we kill them. Heal. Loot. 2nd squad. Same. Then a 3rd. we move into the last circle and the Last team comes running into our cross hairs. I knock Caustic. My teammate is dealing with a Bangalore. Wattson starts shooting me. She is distracted by my teammate and I drop her for the win. So many times we should have been knocked out. Wish my teammate had had a mic and I wish he’d just listen and drop his drone so we could at least see people coming. Still, my highest kill streak in a game and a very satisfying game.

I’ve found that people rarely talk in that game which is a shame. You are at a huge disadvantage when you don’t communicate. PUBG most people have mics, but their callouts suck anyway.

On PS4, I’ve found that a lot of people have mics but you may not know it unless you start talking first. I play with my headset and mic on all the time now and just start blabbing once we’re on the dropship if not before. I’ve met some really cool people this way. It’s a very friendly game for the most part. I’d recommend doing the same on PC/Xbox and you might be surprised how many are just waiting for someone to speak up.

Compared to @Shieldwolf’s awesome game, I had a crummy night last night. I was halfway to Platinum II when I started and I almost fell back to Plat IV by the time I was done. I just could not get any traction in any of the games I played and despite dealing a bunch of damage was never coming up with kills. It was very frustrating.

That said, I still had a lot of fun because I know it’s not the game, it’s me. I just plain sucked or didn’t have enough shields because we were underkitted, etc. I have to make a point of letting people know that we’re undergunned/underkitted for some of those early encounters they want to rush into. You have to be rocking at least three blues to stand a chance on an even fight IMO and even then if you’re all running sniper rifles and ARs while they’re using Peacekeepers and R-99s, you’re at a serious disadvantage because they WILL close on you. Playing smarter, not harder, is the way to win in Apex and sometimes that means running away to kit up and change the location and time of engagement.

I’m trying to week myself of br games. I spent over 2,000 hours on pubg. Ridiculous… Playing Escape from Tarkov this week and loving it. Not a br obviously but it has the same appeal of be where every round is different.

And ya I have noticed that people tend to wait for someone else to speak up.

So… thoughts on Forge?
It will be interesting to see how we put fists against guns.I’ll be honest, I’m hoping they’re going to release Revenant too. I thought Forge was kind of a joke, but in Respawn we trust.

I’m wondering if there’s any difference between PS4/Xbox-community and PC’s in terms of toxicity and the ‘pro-levelness’ of it all. I stopped playing (PC) because on the one hand I couldn’t stand the drama anymore (people would yell, boss you around (the bad way)) and on the other hand I had to accept without a mic (which I could use just sometimes) I’m myself being a little bit inadequate. But then it was my Game of the Year and I miss it.

I have been very happy with the random players I meet on PS4. I use a mic and I’ve had lots of requests to continue playing with folks and made new friends too. It’s generally a wonderful experience.

Forge looks cool. I hope his Ultimate is basically a Kraber-headshot level punch. Maybe a boost for like 15-30 seconds? That would be fun as hell. Basically Doom Berserk mode.

Dave,
Heads up Forge may be a plot twist. The rumor is that Revenant is going to kill him and enter the game instead (this is based on the website and images that keep showing up in the game.) honestly I’m not sure how forge would work so this makes a lot of sense to me, but I’m happy if they add 2 legends too.

Upadate. I’m now almost sure that Forge is either a fake that is assinated for now, or will be a 2nd legend. Revenant being an assassin, according to the all the info so far, It kind of makes sense.
Now that the dummies are attacking. It feels like Revenant is going to try and lead an bot uprising. Speaking of the Dummie mode. Man it’s amazing how much I rely on audio in that game. with no one on headset and no audio cues from characters it’s easy to get lost, killed, or stuck in a bad situation alone. Not sure what all the ultimates do (dance party?) I do like the buffed mirage ultimate. Kind of hope they keep that for mirage, but might be too powerful.

The ultimate that gives you a pinata of gear is awesome! I popped out a purple body shield with that one.

I think they’ll likely add both of these Legends to the game. I can’t imagine they’d create something and then not make it available as I’m sure some players (like me) will be interested in playing that guy too, especially if he has some fun quirks. I like the idea of a character with Melee bonuses. There are times that could be super handy (pun intended).

Whatever they do, I’m on board though. I love this game.

Welp…

When the Legends die in the Apex games do they just… get better after? Or is this a case of “lore, lol”

Since you can be revived in game, I always assumed that’s why they’re still alive after every round. No one truly dies in the Apex Games. They simply get boxed up until someone brings them back. I mean, why are there multiple versions of each of them fighting against each other? A game can have as many as 20 Bangalores for example. How is that possible too?

I try not to think about it too much.