Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Those kind of matches are always awesome. Congrats on the win! I play mostly ranked now so I see a lot of heroics because really, what choice do you have if you want to make the top ten?

I had one of those kinds of games myself last night where I did a lot of the work and ended on that note. I got +201RP, which is the most you can earn in a single game in Gold ranked I think. Good times. I’m Gold II but almost in Gold I so I think I can easily make some mid-Platinum range or higher before season’s end. Plat is tough sledding, although the new added Master tier might make it a bit easier. Still… a 36RP entry fee means you have to have at least four kills and/or a top ten finish to earn any RP. Last season I got to Platinum II with my son and a friend of ours before they had to stop. Without a pre-made team it will be a lot tougher for me this time.

New rumors are floating that Kuben Blisk might be coming. I’ve seen talk about him being added before. Any Titanfall fans know that’s a big add if they do it. I would absolutely love to see it. Not only one of the best characters in FPS games, but also a great voice actor that would shine in this setting. @BrianRubin would have to become an Apex streamer.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

If rumors are true, he gets the knife too. :)

Okay I’m guessing you really like Blisk?

He’s a great character in Titanfall 2.

I remember. I did forget he gives you an Apex flyer at the end of Titanfall 2.

There’s nothing worse than playing a really great match with a kill you want recorded for the ages that you forget to save when you’re done.

Last night I had a fight at game start in Thermal Station where I eliminated and assisted on two full teams, but the best part was an Octane trying to escape with low health up a jump tower. I hit him for a little bit of damage with my 99 on the way up the rope but it wasn’t enough to get the down and my clip was empty. I switched to the charge rifle I picked up at the start…

… and lased his ass when he was almost at the very top of the tower. Knowing his despair as he fell for what probably felt like a lifetime given he was so close to safety was awesome. I thirsted him and went about finishing off the rest of the squads. I love this game.

LoL.

My champion game yesterday involved a Gibi and lifeline who were at the bottom of a cliff with no way to climb into circle. We had no grenades so my squad and I just sat and waited for the game to end. I started dropping down shields and mini med packs to them. It was all rather humorous. I was bummed I didn’t record it.

I am pretty sure I need a bigger monitor to have a prayer of making that shot. Nice work.

Agreed. If I could snipe in that game…
I see videos of guys with a wingman snipe someone a mile away. Meanwhile I can’t hit the guy with the peacekeeper pointblank.

Ha! I actually kinda suck with shotguns! I have been trying harder to hip fire them all the time because I’ve read enough discussion of them that I think the benefit of ADSing with them is next to nil unless you have a choke and even then it’s only that first shot you’re going to get benefits. I do ok with snipers now. I’ve made a concerted effort to use them lately since they are numerous and often useful. One tip I saw that I’ve put into practice and been happy with is to use the Charge Rifle as a hipfire weapon. You don’t get any loss of visibility from its large muzzle flash and it’s just as accurate since you can steer the beam same as you would when you ADS. It also hits a ton at medium to close range. Give it a try!

I got bit by the recording bug again yesterday, but this time I’m not sure why. It only had 4 seconds of film for a match that was over 20 minutes. The final tally by our squad was about 12 kills and over 4500 in damage across all three players. There were some revives, some close moments, and ultimately a win where I got the final kill after a super sweaty battle against three other teams. On the way there I was running Flatline and 99, but I picked up a fully equipped Prowler from a deathbox on a late swap when things got tighter and that pretty much won the day. Damage output for 99 and Prowler with Selectfire at close range is unstoppable. Also, make sure you’re swapping body shields from deathboxes instead of recharging them as often as possible. In the heat of a fight it’s often better to pick up a full blue instead of trying to battery or cell up a purple. If you win, go back and get your old purple and fix it up then.

I’m in Platinum again, which is where I finished last season. I think I have a chance at Diamond, but I’ll have to continue to get better. The level of the other players ramps up hard from Gold to Plat. More snipes that connect. Smarter player movement. Better grenade tosses. They also know their doors and corners. As long as I get teammates that can play that well I think I’ll be ok. I have switched to playing more Wraith and Bloodhound right now since Gibby is such a huge target. I felt like a pincushion the last few times I played him.

Thanks for the compliment @cornchip. I wish I had the video! @Shieldwolf, I’ve seen that before where someone was dropping health gear for the folks that were stuck. Cracks me up!

I will also leave you all with this nightmare.

That video is full of win. God I love that. I really should play ranked.

Not sure what is this season, but Caustic,Bloodhound and Crypto have served me well. I’m not in love with Revenant. I don’t think his ultimate is that great. I do like his crawl and silence, but like Watson I him totally situational in terms of usefulness.

I played ranked with a guy who had been maining Revenant this season quite a bit and he told me flat out when we got to the last few rings that he isn’t much help at that point in the game because of his abilities, which is definitely true (our third quit out). We managed a third place IIRC, but when we had to head for that last rather small ring with no buildings in it, we had zero advantage from him.

Ranked is my favorite thing to do right now. It’s much less sweaty through Gold and maybe on Xbox into Platinum too, but then it does ramp up. You can’t miss shots when you hit Plat and above or you’ll be dead. If you have a squad you run with, by all means go ranked. You’ll rank up quickly in a team like that. Even in solo you can do it rather fast. Gold is where it slows somewhat and then Plat can be a grind. For example, in my last game I got to fourth and earned about 72RP for kills/finish. That’s just two games of no kills/no placement and I’ll be right back where I was with the 36RP entry fee at Platinum level. It really does separate the good players from the best players.

I’m seeing people with trails that are in Platinum so there are a lot of sweaties still working their way up. This can work for and against you as it means they probably know what they’re doing but there are lots of opponents that do too. It’s still a lot more fun than Play Apex if you enjoy being challenged. I routinely make top five in Play Apex now.

I’m digging the next event’s cosmetics.

I also think it’ll be really cool to see how fixed location weapon spawns affect the game. The Evo Shield is a neat addition too. The way they tinker with the mechanics of Battle Royale is just one more thing that puts this game above all the others. I. Can’t. Stop. Playing.

Patch notes for tomorrow… big changes to inventory, stacks, and a couple Legends and weapons too.

I don’t buy skins but that Gibi skin is calling to me like the Siren’s song.

It’s so cool. I don’t do that either, but that one and a couple others are HOT! This season in particular has very cool stuff. I can’t wait to finish the Battle Pass for that Flatline. I hit 47 last night.

I’m digging the changes to the backpacks and the stacks. I think they’ve done a great job balancing that. Evo Shields really should be something they do in a game mode where that’s all you can pick up except for white ones. No blue, purple or gold. You want more than a 50 shield? You have to earn it. I’d like to see that.

I’ve only been playing Deja Loot since Tuesday to earn those rewards. It’s definitely getting harder to get the good stuff now. People know where it is.

The Evo Shield is never better than just grabbing a blue or purple off the bat. You have to do something like 1000 damage to get it to 4 bars, which doesn’t happen most games. It also fucks with your armor swapping (I think?), which can be vital in fights. Cool idea but I don’t see it being better than just finding a purple shield. And the fast heal on the yellow shield is too valuable to pass up.

Right, it would have a place if there were no blue, purple or gold shields ever available. I think they wanted it to be used for poking at range to try to encourage more sniping, which if you do use it that way you might get it to three or four bars, but it’s just not viable in a game where simply putting on another shield you found gives you those three or four bars immediately.

I had some really good games with the Spitfire last night which might have turned me back onto that gun. I was finding it rather useless recently, but I think maybe it was because of the range I was using it at before. It’s more of a short-mid/mid range LMG. As soon as you get too close to people it’s less viable. It’s a lot like the Flatline that way but with a much bigger mag.