Apple Airpods Sound OK

I exclusively use the bose headphones for flying, so I plan to keep using them until they die or new sound cancellation tech comes out that’s substantially better. Day to day, I use a pair of Beats X, which are basically 1st gen airpods with a cable connecting them to eliminate anxiety about an airpod immediately falling out of your ear into the gutter.

I wonder if it still sounds OK

Probably sound shitty.

Me too. Someone lent me a pair when I had a lengthy hospital stay and they were just amazing for making that environment more tolerable. Now I use them almost exclusively for airplane travel and they make trips so much more relaxing.

They’re great for not-airplanes, too.

I’m wearing them right now. They’re great headphones, if perhaps a bit hot.

Have you tried drilling ventilation holes?

Hmm.

In this article, someone suggests that buying things is evil.

So sure, AirPods aren’t the most expensive earbuds on the market, and the jokes that the product is a display of wealth are largely tongue-in-cheek. But in truth, AirPods are a symbol of wealth. They’re physical manifestations of a global economic system that allows some people to buy and easily lose $160 headphones, and leaves other people at risk of death to produce those products. If AirPods are anything, they’re future fossils of capitalism.

WTF? I only read the blurb you quoted and it sounds idiotic. I bought a pair of airpods. They were an investment in making my day better (no cord tangles, amazing pause feature when you remove a bud, etc.). I cannot afford to lose them so I keep very careful track of them, as I would with any small, expensive object I value.

Don’t the complaints of that article apply to lots of technology? Heck even rechargeable kid toys.

I run on a treadmill at the gym (about 7.5 mph) are airpods ok for that purpose?

No, they’re not. Mine kept sliding out of my ears, and I always worried about dropping one on a moving treadmill. And they don’t block out enough sound at a noisy gym. The Powerbeats Pro are what you want.

thanks @Gordon_Bleu

They stay in my ear fine. I went running with them Sunday, no issues. I see plenty of people around here running with them as well.

Airpods work great in my ears at the gym, never slip, even when I’m doing stuff where my head is swinging below my body.

They do work like crap for my wife though, so it seems like they are mostly good, but not for everyone.

I love my Airpods at the gym and never lose them when running, but i second the background noise filtering issue, especially for audio with low voices. If I didn’t go late at night when it’s empty I’d look at the Beats.

I think there’s aftermarket grips you can get for them or loops.

You can get these ear hooks, but you have to remove them to put the Airpods back in the case. So yeah, they work but it’s not an ideal solution.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019BU38N0/