April Fools 2022 links n' stuff I just had to freakin' share! (That's at bare minimum moderately interesting to some, if perhaps not others lacking a sense of humor or at least sensitivity to ironic scenarios. You just can't please everybody, am I right?)

And for posterity:

9 Likes

So Wumpus implemented a minimum thread title length but not a maximum.

4 Likes

Truly the dumbest time of the year on the Internet.

8 Likes

The maximum is 255 characters-- which I took great pleasure in matching precisely!

Remember you can unpin threads by clicking the pin in the top left.

2 Likes

Sir,

For your consideration: widest unicode characters. Do not let a trifling 255 character limit curtail your self expression; your art.

༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

3 Likes

Hard mute on this one!

3 Likes

Aww, you made Tully sad!

5 Likes

Goddamnit what the fuck is this fucking shit?

(In reference to some forum style changes.)

Edit: now that Likes are turned on again, please like the shit out of my posts.

29 Likes

I never got the hate for comic sans. It’s not even April fools, are we on Europe time now?

6 Likes

Don’t hate on the Europeens!

2 Likes

HOLY SHIT THERE ARE LIKES

20 Likes

They’ve always been there, you just missed them for the past 7 years, wisefool. You should get your eyes checked.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the comic sans, but the purple physically hurts.

This aggression will not stand.

3 Likes

So my dark mode extension can cleanse the purple, but the comic sans is here to stay whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…

PS Can we please keep the tapir?

4 Likes

At least it’s only one day.

It’s only gonna be one day, right? Right?

4 Likes

One day for what? I don’t know what you’re talking about.

@Tim_N: Tully ♥’s you too!

4 Likes

Oh great, a day of comic-sans.

3 Likes

So back in undergrad I was interested in this young lady who suffered from macular degeneration and had trouble distinguishing color. Everything looked bland to her. I had spent 10 summers working with my dad the painting contractor so I helped her paint her room in a color that stood out to her. I helped her find the brightest, most hideous, most intense purple imaginable (I was required by the co-op we lived in to repaint the room in less offensive colors some months later.)

Thing is, that crazy bright purple, bright enough to be perceived by someone losing their color vision, could not hold a candle to the horrible purple-osity of these forum settings.

MY EYES.

Now I feel like I have macular degeneration.

7 Likes

Wait…i didnt turn on night mode and weirdo font by accident? I wish I had. This is torture on mine eyes!

6 Likes