Aquanox Deep Descent

This 2015 kickstarted game looks to be releasing this Autumn 2019!

Gamescom trailer from 2017, wonder if we will get a new one later today at Gamescom 2019?

Steam page:

Gosh, that looks great. I’d never heard of the Kickstarter or that trailer. Thanks for starting this thread.

Gosh, Archimedean Dynasty reboot?

The original was an underrated gem, in my opinion.

Looks cool. What’s up with the underwater blaster guns, though.

Very cool.

I wants it. NEEDS IT.

Whoa that looks INCREDIBLE.

Aquanox!
Well, that’s a blast from the past. Didn’t even realize people outside of Germany knew about this little game.

I even remember that it was one of the first games to have a bug where pausing didn’t actually pause the game…

Underwater is just SPACE but different.

This game does have me intrigued.

Needs VR for real depth :)

I told you you need to do a podcast about it!

I hope the game is more of an open world. (In the RPG sense more so than the trading sim sense.)

IT’S NOT A SPACE GAME.

If the movie Innerspace can be about space, then so can Aquanox!

IT’S NOT ABOUT SPACE.

I was too bored by the original Aquanox and didn’t bother getting Aquanox 2, so I’m not sure if they had this, but I enjoyed the parts of Archemiddean Dynasty where they actually differentiate the fact that you’re under water and not in space. There were a few missions where you were in an area with strong underwater currents.

Underwater is just SPACE but NOT DRY!

OR something.

That’s not how any of this works!

I mean it’s pretty much how most “space” games work (he says, reinstalling Wing Commander 1).

Aquanox has some of the worst voice acting ever.

Getting Aquanox 1 to work properly on my current machine was a PITA. There are mouse sensitivity issues, and the GUI was never intended for widescreen monitors.