Aquanox Deep Descent

If the movie Innerspace can be about space, then so can Aquanox!

IT’S NOT ABOUT SPACE.

I was too bored by the original Aquanox and didn’t bother getting Aquanox 2, so I’m not sure if they had this, but I enjoyed the parts of Archemiddean Dynasty where they actually differentiate the fact that you’re under water and not in space. There were a few missions where you were in an area with strong underwater currents.

Underwater is just SPACE but NOT DRY!

OR something.

That’s not how any of this works!

I mean it’s pretty much how most “space” games work (he says, reinstalling Wing Commander 1).

Aquanox has some of the worst voice acting ever.

Getting Aquanox 1 to work properly on my current machine was a PITA. There are mouse sensitivity issues, and the GUI was never intended for widescreen monitors.

Underwater is where space games go to become accurate. Friction = no momentum, and water allows for sound propagation. There’s even some oxygen for explosions!

SUBAQUEOUS GAME JUNKIE!

Tell me more about this interesting Underspace thing.

Aquanox is set in the ocean. Of a planet. Which is in space. So technically it’s a space game. By my logic SGJ is now free to cover all the games.

Underspace looks like the modern version of Freelancer we’ve all been wanting. VERY excited about it.

BEBC8D82-F5B9-4ECF-8993-E7C118E12756

I’d never heard of it. I just looked it up. Looks neat. But this one is open world right? Freelancer’s campaign was super linear. (I never tried multiplayer Freelancer, which was supposed to be open-world I think).

FreeSPACE was super linear. FreeLANCER was pretty dang open.

Wow, I must have played a different campaign. At launch at least, the game I played was pretty much point a to b to c to d to e. There was never any backtracking back into older systems, it was always new system, new system, new story mission, moving forward. It wasn’t like Privateer/RGO where you’re in an open world trying to make a living and also doing story missions.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Starlancer?

That’s what I was wondering.

Definitely a space game. Also, possibly a sandwich.