Archer

Fuck yeah, season 10 is on (UK) Netflix!

Wow that was fast. It just ended a couple weeks ago. I’m watching it via other sources and am enjoying this season so far. I think I enjoyed Danger Island more, but it’s still good. I have 1 episode left and you can see where they are setting up next season.

I finished it, fantastic season and a fantastic finale, particularly the last 5 minutes. I can’t wait for next season!

I saw an interview where they discussed the next season and I’m really looking forward to it now. It sounds fun!

And here I thought they were just running out the clock on the contract.

FYI, here is the article where they talk about season 11.

Ah that’s pretty much what I wanted to happen. Nice.

Matt Berry!

I am glad with direction Season 11 will be taking. I think the ‘coma’ overstayed its welcome - I found this season to be pretty directionless and dull, with average storytelling, no overarching narrative driving the season, and generally poor writing. The characters seemed caricatures of themselves for the entire season (which is saying a lot since they are pretty much caricatures anyway), pretty much just repeating the same jokes over and over for nine episodes. Weakest season IMO.

Season 11 trailer. Archer and crew are back! And they’re spies again!

Is there a scene where Archer jumps a shark? I feel like that’s a thing that might exist.

It’s been many years since archer made that jump. It’s still chugging on, like the simpsons[1] or something.

[1] Holy shit that show is still on? I thought it died 15+ years ago.

I know but I feel like Archer may have an actual scene from the show where a shark was jumped. And it feels apropos right now, for season 11.

Guess im in minority. I’ve enjoyed the switch to the “themed” seasons they’ve been doing. It may not be the fresh whip smart series when it started but I still get enough chuckles from watching it.

I find they were hit and miss. Last season was mostly hit, the jungle one was mostly miss. I’m a little disappointed this will only be 8 episodes…i guess that’s all they have left in the tank.

Agreed. There have been a couple of misses in there (a miss-and-a-half?), but last season was quite good, and based on that I’m looking forward to more.

So Archer is back, but they really dialed up how obnoxious he is. In past years he was a jerk, but also super skilled. Now he’s a jerk but also a bumbling idiot.

Not loving it.

I, on the other hand, am thrilled to see these characters back as these characters. I do, however, want to know where the hell AJ is.

I’m liking it so far, it’s been so long since they’ve been agents. 6 seasons?

I really thought last season was the last for Archer, but here we are with a new episode!