Are you fan enough for Crusader Kings 2?

If they can make the Byzantines not
collapse after a few year then I’d be interested. Though I’d rather they just make a game modelling 476 to 1066 since they’ve never done anything in that period.

Though not a good way to gauge interest, Crusader Kings would probably be the easiest to convert to an FB-like game. Build your court forever, My Count!

They’re up to over 1,500 already. That’s what, over a thousand in a day?

I really enjoyed CK1 and would probably purchase CK2 but I’m not going to go sign up as a FB fan just to try to convince them to make it.

They’ve burned too much of my money already. Their games are bad at launch, and may not even ever be patched to be good. Most recently HOI3 is just unplayable at max patch level, IMO; and I’m not going to wait a year and pay for an expansion to make a game viable. Why should I give them another chance with a new project?

2000 fans and counting.

Even if they get 25,000 fans, what percentage of them will actually buy the game?

Got emails from both Paradox and Gamersgate both pushing the Facebook thing. At least using their mailing lists of people that have bought from them before makes some sense.

I did too, and it just irritates me. It comes across as “needy” and unprofessional. “Please like us and be our friend and we’ll make a game and sell it to you!”

If they used this effort to simply send out a survey, for example: “Tell us which of the following features in the new CK2 would motivate you to buy the game?” or “Thank you for buying one of our games in the past. Would you take a survey that lets us know what you would need to see in CK2 that would make you buy it?” etc. with perhaps then a $5 discount coupon for completing the survey, cool.

But this whole “We’ll make the game if we get XXX friends on Facebook!” really comes across as unprofessional.

Why do you feel this way? Viral marketing campaigns are standard these days.

I don’t think they’re normally this desperate, though.

This isn’t marketing though- it’s a desperate plea for attention and validation.

What he said.

Whatever it is, it seems to be working. So good on them.

4200 and counting plus a contest.

Crusader Kings Starting July 1st, we’ll randomly pick one lucky winner each day to receive a digital copy of Crusader Kings: Complete. Today - I will pick 5 people from the first 4,000 to receive a boxed copy (rarity in some territories) of the same. Keep your eyes peeled!

Crusader Kings on Facebook would be sweet. Hell, create an iPad / iPhone app too.

I bet this pickle can get more fans than Crusader Kings 2.

Is it a gherkin?

Because the current state of Europa Universalis 3 is one of the best games of all time.

Pickle has been detained by the FBI for allegedly passing information to hot peppers.