Are you fan enough for Crusader Kings 2?

According to this thread, Paradox will announce Crusader Kings 2 if they get 25,000 fans for its Facebook page.

(Which makes me suspect that they’re already working on it anyway and just want to drum up some publicity, but whatever.)

Is there some other Facebook page I can become a fan of to stop them from announcing it?

Yeah, the way it is phrased just implies that they will announce it, and thus that they are already working on it. Whoopty do! So, basically, this page is basically already announcing it…

Fuck it, I want this game. They can’t possibly fuck up a CK sequel like they fucked up the EU and HoI sequels, right?..

They did alright with EU2, but that was like 9 years ago.

So if they don’t get 25k, are they going to call the game off?

Fan #390, reporting for duty!

According to RPS, they have so far got less than 1,000.

You can also just look at the Facebook page linked in the first post. ;) They are currently at 1124!

I don’t have a Facebook account, hehe. So I can’t.
Anyway, I guess the RPS story brought 200 or so votes.

CK and Facebook.

Isn’t that a bit like asking 25k people on the iPad boards to sign a petition for a new version of Windows Mobile/Windows Phone?

I don’t have Facebook, either.

And, actually, I don’t really care all that much for a CK with their abomination of a 3D engine, so I probably wouldn’t sign regardless.

rezaf

ha! 25.000 fans? I doubt there’s even that many people on facebook!

Care to wager that?

Sarcasm is wasted on the young :-D

If 1 million people join this page, I’ll drink this beer. Oh wait, I started drinking it while I was posting.

You know…I am on facebook. I did feel the original EU was a much better game than it has any right to be. I do feel that they have improved upon the engine mechanics with each release. I am VERY interested in the time period.

…I’m not going to be signing up for this. I didn’t buy the original CK on the advice of people I trust. Paradox games end up…unfinished and unsatisfying to me. They aren’t going to get more of my money and time till the community is so positive about them that I have to pick another one up.

I’m in.

If Paradox ever make two* games in a row that actually work and are fun from launch, maybe I’ll buy the next one after that. Otherwise, it’s never again for me after HoI3.

*I doubt they’re capable of ever producing even one such game.

I’m surprised they would even consider doing a CK2. After the CEO came out and said he didn’t expect Victoria 2 to break even you’d figure they would want to do something with more profit potential then remaking a game that (from what I understand) wasn’t one of their bigger sellers.

How about Paradox does something new? For all the negativity about Rome, Johan has said it’s actually one of their better sellers. There is clearly a fanbase interest in something other then sequels and expansions from Paradox.

My head just exploded trying to figure out the overlap there might between people that play FB style games and a relatively obscure Paradox game. What an incredibly odd place and method to gauge public interest.

Geez no wonder Paradox have a hard time getting facebook fans, their target demographic are incredibly harsh and prone to eternal grudges. How about reserving judgment till after the company has been given a chance with any new project?

(Not to pick on you two specifically, but I thought the posts were a representative sample)