Are you good enough at Twilight Struggle to enter a tournament?

Infested_terran vs buzznaut has ended in a infested_terran U.S. victory via timeout.

We made it to turn 4. Soviets were up by 3 points and dominated the middle east, but Europe was dominated by the U.S. and I was about to score an unopposed South America for +6 VP. I really lucked out drawing Bear Trap AND Quagmire the very first turn of mid war. Buzznaut was still frozen by Bear Trap after failing two rolls to get out of it.

I feel bad for bum luck like that. I feel like more than anything else this game really needs a Blood Bowl style reroll system. There’s just too much riding on single die rolls sometimes, like the first coup attempt, Bear Trap/Quagmire, and wars. That and some kind of first turn draw mulligan where you can forfeit a modest amount of vp to redraw your starting hand. That was another area I lucked out in this game, I don’t think buzznaut got any 4 cards to start.

Other luckouts I got: drawing pretty much every major Soviet early war event: De Gaulle, Blockade, Korean War (he did win the roll though), Arab-Israeli war, and destalinization. I was able to avoid any devastation and blunt the effects of those potentially deadly cards.

Anyway, thanks for the game and sorry the weekend coordination efforts didn’t pan out.