Are you ready to binge some Driver?

Title Are you ready to binge some Driver?
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When September 14, 2021

Ubisoft is working on a new entertainment product based on its Driver property..

Read the full article

I LOVED Driver: San Francisco so I am here for this.

I loved Driver: San Francisco so I am absolutely not here for this. The story was trash. I can’t even remember the stories to the other Driver games.

I mean, I suppose we should be glad it’s not The Crew.

Aw, man, I was hoping this was the announcement of a new Driver game. Although, based on The Crew 2, I’m not sure I want anymore open-world caRPGs from Ubisoft.

And based on Werewolves Within, the movie, I’m not expecting much from what Driver TV show Ubisoft throws together. You guys ready for some really awful CG car chases? Did you see the really awful CG car chase in Kate, the movie about what if Mary Elizabeth Winstead were a bad-ass chick assassin? Because I bet we’re gonna get some really awful CG car chases like that in a Driver TV series!

-Tom

I’ve never played a Driver game.
You guys talking about Driver: San Fransisco reminded me of a video I once watched a couple of years ago that I was watching because of its title regarding second person perspective:

After watching it, I knew I had to play it. I looked all over for a copy of the PC version to play, but couldn’t find it anywhere, at least legally. Not GOG, not Steam or anywhere else. I was mildly obsessed with finding it for a while, but eventually just gave up, as I have plenty of games in my backlog. But man, what I saw in that video looked fantastic.

EDIT: That video then led me to this one, which may in fact have been the one that sold me:

You can find physical copies of the PC version on ebay I think.

Yes there were when I last looked. However they were used copies, and as they require online activation, I think the disks would be useless. Looking now, I see one that is ‘like new’ with no indication of whether it has already been activated.

IIRC, I found a still-sealed version back then, but it was priced very high. I’ll keep on the lookout though!

Thanks for those videos! Driver San Francisco is a game I like to admire from videos like this. I loved the demo, and I love the premise, and I love listening to people talk about the game. But when I tried the full game myself (I bought it for 360, I believe), I found it disappointing. Their version of San Francisco was really orange and ugly, and the starting missions are all very pedestrian. I didn’t have the patience to get to the type of mission in that video, that sounds really cool.

Wow even the key resellers are jacking up prices. Over $50 for a key.

https://www.g2a.com/driver-san-francisco-ubisoft-connect-key-global-i10000044904003