Armada 2526

It just arrived. If doubts linger, I’d be happy to post pics of the box – if someone can instruct me on any required codes (or is it just drag ‘n’ drop?)

Peter

I want this game, but Matrix says they still won’t release the digital version until the 24th. Guess it is time to start stalking my local Gamestops.

I’m guessing it’s mail order only – at least for now. The EB site reports it’s not available within 100 miles of my zip code (San Diego).

It is in some stores in Texas, 75007 zip search shows them in stock. I am hoping other stores here in Chicago may have received the shipment, but just have not checked it in yet. One can hope!

:) Good luck!

Tempting, would be great to play it this weekend, but the thought of having to deal with physical media is so 2007. :P

Will have to see what works out, I have a gamestop across the block from my office, or wait until the 24th to get it digitally.

Let us know what your impressions are, if you get a chance!

Turns out that Gamestop online and some of the stores in Texas are selling the game before the release date and other stores aren’t. Because of this Matrix cannot sell the game on their website until it is being sold widespread retail or the release date (Nov. 24th) arrives. I assume that there are other stores (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Frys for example) that are honoring the contract and waiting until the release date and its’ the reason Matrix has to wait. So it comes back to the greedy motherfucking assholes at Gamestop trying to get a jump on everyone by selling it early. Don’t get me wrong I would love to get the game early, but I will not buy another game from Gamestop or any of their affiliates because of the consistently shitty treatment I get from the employees and refusal to sell me some of their discounted games (happened more than once and at different stores in my area). So it looks like I will be waiting until the 24th to buy the game from Matrix.

I would love to see what kind of return Matrix gets on games that are sold in B&M stores, compared to their online Digital River sales. I never see their games in stores, essentially, and I’m betting the stores only stock a few, so I wonder what they get out of the arrangement? It must be something.

This looks like fun, I’m probably gonna fork out some coins on it.

Its a shame only the indie scene does 4x these days… Come on, 4x with Modern warfare gfx and story…maaaaaan.

Stupid consoles and their no-mouse crap.

Civ: Revolutions was good on the consoles… though I only played the DS version. Why not follow that model?

This looks pretty awesome. Will try.

Cool this will be on Impulse. I’ll be getting it from there.

Game went live today on Matrix’s site.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/376/details/Armada.2526

I’d prefer to buy on Impulse or Steam (Matrix’s download system is pretty awful) but looks like no choice right now…

Man, if only I still had a pc, I would be all over this.

I downloaded it from Matrix, as I’ve never had any difficulty from them. Unfortunately, the game won’t run, and I’m trying to work with their support to find out why. In short, it dies as soon as I click Play from the launcher menu (the standard one Matrix uses for all their titles). Their suggestions that I install it while logged in to the admin account, rather than simply elevating with passwords didn’t help either–it won’t run as admin, or when using the admin password while logged in from the “real” account I use to play everything. Odd, because I’ve installed dozens of Matrix titles over the years using the same sort of system with no issues ever.

The game installs new versions of Dx 9.0c, .net, and C++ libraries, so that shouldn’t be an issue, but the only thing I’ve seen like this before is when a game can’t access that sort of stuff. Weird.

EDIT: You don’t think…hmm…long shot…but when Dragon Age updated the C++ libraries, do you think that this game won’t overwrite the newer libs but is depending on older ones? Something like that? Beyond my ken, unfortunately.

How are you posting?

Are you able to update to version 1.01?

This looks pretty promising so far. I’m only about 30 turns in on my first game as humans, just barely getting my feet wet, but I like what I see.

The download version is 1.01