Ascension - April league

The April league has ended with the bad guys prevailing!

== [B]Finals[/B] ==
Game 1: MadOverlord 94, Ananab Tilps 81
Game 2: Ananab Tilps 64, MadOverlord 56
Game 3: MadOverlord 64, Ananab Tilps 59

The playoffs have begun!

[B]Qt3 name           GC name            W   L   Pts  [/B]

Diddums            Diddums128         2   3    -5
sinnick            SelfMadeSinnick    2   3   -14
prolix             unprolix           2   3   +17
Dave Perkins       Ananab Tilps       3   2    +2
Boojum             MadOverlord        4   1   +22
wilykat            padingtun          2   3   -22

Here’s how the league ended:

[B]Qt3 name           GC name            o = win, x = loss     Nemesis  [/B]

Diddums            Diddums128         ooooooooooooooooooooooo padingtun
sinnick            SelfMadeSinnick    oooooooooooooooooooooo           
prolix             unprolix           ooooooooooooo
Dave Perkins       Ananab Tilps       oooooooooooo
Boojum             MadOverlord        oooooooooooo
wilykat            padingtun          ooooooooooo
DeForrestation     DeForrestation     ooooooo
Chris Gwinn        MNGwinn            ooooooo                   
Tyjenks            Tyjenks            oooo                     
ddtibbs            CFDEngine15        ooo                     
dannimal           mrdannimal         ooo        
Justin Fletcher    Justin Fletcher                          SelfMadeSinnick     
krayzkrok          krayzkrok          x
RainRaven          RainRaven11        x
Dave Weinstein     * See below        xx
Lord_Twilight      Lord_Twilight      xx
Squirrel Killer    Squirrel_Killer    xx
Nixxter            NixxteR            xxx
Brakara            Brakara            xxx
Lantz              HHPre              xxx 
fuzzyslug          fuzzyslug          xxx
godhugh            godhugh            xxxx 
Mark Weston        MarkSWeston        xxxx
jennywoo1229       jennywoo1229       xxxx
StGabe             StGabe             xxxxx
Sten Friberg       Congestion         xxxxx                 CFDEngine15
Larsen B           Larsen B           xxxxx
warthurton         warthurton         xxxxx
Josemas            Josemas99          xxxxx
Mark Gray          Mr Swee            xxxxx                   
Christien Murawski dingusX            xxxxx
Vincent19          Mageical           xxxxxxx
aeneas             harry_horse        xxxxxxxx          
Shellfishguy       shellfishguy       xxxxxxxx

• Dave’s GC name is an hscroll nightmare: SpaceIntentionallyLeftBlank

FAQ

Q: What’s this about a nemesis?
A: If a player defeats you at least twice in a row, and you do not currently have a nemesis, then you can immediately declare that player to be your nemesis! If at some point you are able to defeat your nemesis, you score a double win (although your nemesis merely suffers the normal single loss). At that point, the player is no longer your nemesis – although a different player may eventually take his or her place. If you have a nemesis, you may freely challenge him or her without regard to the rules of challenging.

Q: How do rematches work?
A: Whether you win or lose a match, feel free to rematch your opponent without regard to the rules of challenging. If your opponent decides to refuse your challenge based on the fact that you are, strictly speaking, unable to challenge him or her, then so be it.

Q: Is it too late to join?
A: Nope! Send me a PM that includes your Game Center name if you’d like to join.

Q: Are we using the expansion?
A: Yes, but you can challenge someone using either the original deck, the expansion only, or the mixed deck. If you use the mixed deck, no need to announce the fact, but if you want to use the original or expansion only, it would be polite to say so.

Q: How are people ranked?
A: I’m only keeping track of how many games above or below .500 each player is. This means that someone who is 10-8 will be ranked the same as someone who is 7-5, even though the 7-5 player has a slightly better percentage.

Q: What is the horizontal line for?
A: The people below it have zero results so far. They can challenge anyone in the entire list.

Q: Can we play in 3 or 4 person games?
A: Sure thing! If you do, then here’s how the scoring works. For a 3-player game, the winner scores 2 while the two losers score -1. For a 4-player game, the winner scores 3, second place scores zero, third place scores -1, and last place scores -2.

Q: When does the league end?
A: Let’s suspend league play on April 27 at quarter-to-three in the night, and commence with a six-player playoff for league champion. Ties for the sixth spot will be broken by looking at the result of the most recent game(s) among the tied players. The playoff will be of the usual style: each of the six plays a game against the others, and the top two (by wins, with ties broken by point differential) play a best-of-three for the championship. You must have played at least 10 games to qualify for the playoffs.

The last day on which challenges that must be completed may be issued is April 24. After that date, challenges may be completed.

Reserved for later parping!

Welcome to SpaceIntentionallyLeftBlank and warthurton!

And I’ll kick things off in the traditional way, with a challenge to deForrestation. :)

April showers bring may flowers. Also I challenge Ananab tilpS and Josemas99 in the hopes of becoming a nemesis!

My heart is touched!

Incidentally, my GF has learned everybody’s handle, and reacts appropriately when I mention that I’m currently playing them.

For instance, I’m facing sinnick in the circle Jerk Tournament, and when I mentioned his name I got the “Oh shit, your screwed” face :)

MNGwinn challenges SpaceIntentionallyLeftBlank, warthurton and tyjenks

And the first card drawn in the April league is…

A MYSTIC

Will this set the tone?

Yeah, but your second pick is gonna be Mr Draw Two :(

MNGwinn defeats warthurton 68-54 in a very strange game where the middle filled up with monsters and we both initially refused to defeat them, instead running through lifebound heroes.

Warthurton, is your rematch request intended to be a league game?

Also, what is the plural of nemesis?

I feel I am going to need to know the answer to this question, very soon.

Well, if it turns out to be Dave, I’m going with Nemesissy! (nemesissies?)

Dave, I’m super excited about that new rule, and I wish I could declare you as my Nemesis right off the bat!

Request: When reporting standings, would it be possible to show the total games played next to each player? I think it would be interesting to see.

It is the lovely “nemeses” (what a word to say out loud), although Dave definitely goes under “nemesissy”.

Come at me, bro.

Totally cool idea! It makes sense. Okay, I’m your nemesis right off the bat!

So, let’s get a list going of people who are open to triple-headers. I found those a lot more enjoyable than the standard scattershot single games.

My rematch is automatic response to a loss, let’s consider it exhibition unless you want otherwise.

warthurton challenges SpaceIntentionallyLeftBlank and harry_horse

I would also like to say that the current games I have in progress before the April league started won’t count. Especially since I just hit the end of turn button before I meant to in my game with Tyjenks but I swear that has nothing to do with it!

This match with Tyjenks is going very poorly for me.

I’ll continue to take 3-way beatings from ya, Booj.

Can you clarify for me. If I’m beaten twice but have a nemesis, I cannot have a new nemesis until I beat my nemesis?