Ascension - The Circle of Angels Tournament

The Phantom Blot over prolix 64 - 62 in a game that I was pretty sure up to the end I was going to lose. Prolix kept getting great draws, like buying a card and then drawing it in the same turn through scribe action type luck. My strategy of going heavy on force instead of runes paid off though as I was able to force an end game faster than he could obtain deck points.

Brilliant. Somehow I end up next to Dave on the list. PERRRRKINSSSS!!!

I hereby challenge Dave Perkins. I will issue a game invite when I return to my iPad this evening. Unlike some of you lot, I can’t play at work or in transit as I don’t carry my iPad with me everywhere I go. I know…I am doing it wrong.

That’s how it’s done!

Challenge to ddtibbs!

Diddums edges past Tyjenks, 92-86. What was a comfortable honor lead quickly became a whole lot less comfortable with the arrival of many, many mechana constructs.

Sooo close! Good game. I thought I had a chance to catch up and then it was over.

HHPre stays alive vs Justin Fletcher 72-58 with some life bound honor help on a slow starting SoS game.

bandidoquest defeats Tyjenks 80-79. When you started acquiring some high cost cards I thought I had no chance anymore, I was really surprised at the end.

Same here. :)

My deck was too bloated and I just couldn’t get around to them all enough times. Your honor lead trumped my slow developing deck. Good game!

MrDannimal defeats Gutenbergn, 91-89

I honestly thought I had no chance, especially once he picked up Project Alpha late. I didn’t realize I’d grabbed 70+ deck points.

[B]Round 1 - Angels of Healing[/B]

x. Justin Fletcher (Justin Fletcher) [SoS]
ox Lantz (HHPre)                     [SoS]
oo Diddums (Diddums128)              [SoS]
xx Tyjenks (Tyjenks)                 [SoS] - Banished!
xo bandidoquest (gutenbergn)         [SoS]
o. dannimal (mrdannimal)             [SoS]
.. Boojum (MadOverlord)              [SoS]
.. sinnick (SelfMadeSinnick)
x. ddtibbs (CFDEngine15)             [SoS]
o. Ephraim (Ephraim)                 [SoS]
o. G-Man (The Phantom Blot)
x. prolix (unprolix)                 [SoS]
.. fuzzyslug (fuzzyslug)             [SoS]
.. Slainte Mhath (SlainteGC)         [SoS]
.. Dave Perkins (Ananab Tilps)       [SoS]

Still waiting on that bold challenge, Slainte!

I call shenanigans. Just haven’t quite figured out a basis for it.

SILENCE

you are in hell now

That was a very good game. I noticed that you had lots of deck points but I thought that I was winning anyway. Well played!

Sorry, friend request issued and game created. I didn’t get home until late last night and never touched the iPad, but am online now.

HAVE AT THEE!

Oh my GOD. You did not just draw the Lifebound Event on your last turn, allowing you to play that Lion card for an extra draw, and then…

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

I had the Penumbral and Umbral axes for the first time ever, and they mocked me from the bottom of my deck. I drew them both just in time to see you reveal the Lifebound Event and then

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

great game!

p.s. fuck!

and… SlainteGC defeats Ananab Tilps 78-75!

Holy shit Dave, that was a seriously intense game. My double Lionhearts at the end made the difference, being able to play them the same turn (thanks to the Honey Siren appearing and allowing me to put the 2nd one right on top of my deck). Then I got the boost of having the Event be Lifebound, so each Lionheart also drew me a card, which I then used to score enough mana for the Synchronizer, which was the difference points-wise. I almost didn’t see that I could end the game with the two Cultist kills. If I hadn’t, you’d have slaughtered me on the next turn.

WHEW! ;-)

p.s. Happy Dance!

haha!