Ashes 2019

Top knock from Stokes, but what a clown show fot the Aussies. That wasted review…fuck me what an idiotic decision from bowler and captain

That was amazeballs. England need to win the next two to bring the ashes back home now.

A win and a draw is enough. But yeah, how many chances did the Aussies throw away at the end there?

I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of a Langer debrief in the Aussie dressing room right about now… 😁

Well that was a thing.

Jack Leach scored 1 run in a winning partnership of 76.

The Aussies failed to bowl and set fields well enough to force more deliveries at Leach and then bowled too short to him when they did have him on strike.

Warner is Broad’s bunny.

Have to drop him for 5th test, but who else to open.

Doesn’t really matter. Marnus and Smith batting at the same time is England’s worst nightmare.

The Australian openers are just there to give Smith time to put his cape on.

Well I guess you can strike ‘concussion’ off the list of Steve Smith’s weaknesses…

Wouldn’t have picked Paine to succeed where Ponting and Clarke failed, but here we are. Finally exorcised the demons of Edgbaston 05, Cardiff 09 and Trent Bridge 15.

How does MMarsh keep getting selected? He is statistically one of the worst all rounders to ever play for Australia. Seriously just trash.

This is a bat first pitch. Going to be 5 clear days.

Closest we have to a current cricket thread, I guess.

Australia are playing New Zealand in Perth this week, in some wicked hot temps - 4 of the 5 days are gonna be 40+ celcius. I went to the twilight session yesterday with some folk from work in out new stadium, which is super impressive.

What was cooler was last week while we were doing some service learning (my employer’s community service program they encourage emplyees to take part in), at Foodbank WA, a charity that takes donated food and goods and redistributes to those in need.

We were sorting donated canned goods and there was a national U19’s team there also doing some charity work, accompanied by the Test Match referees:

Sir Richie Richardson, Marais Erasmus, Aleem Dar and Nigel Llong! Not sure who was in the middle, think he is a Pakistani player that is known for bowling to the Aussies in the training nets.

Got to have around a 30 min chat with Marais Erasmus, which was pretty cool, along with a brief intro to Sir Richie Richardson and Aleem Dar.

That is going to be some trying temps, looks great though.

Really looking forward to England v South Africa see if we can make any progress after the ashes and New Zealand loss.

As an aside have you watched the Mumbai Indians documentary series on Netflix, follows them in the IPL for a season, 8 episodes. Son and I loved it, my son so much he got a Mumbai Indians top for his birthday and loves it.

Cool, I’ll add it to my Netflix queue.

Bah tried 5 different vpns including ExpressVPN and NordVPN but no joy being able to get SkyGo NZ. Used to be able to use Getflix but apparently the new ISP we use doesn’t allow 3rd party DNS so that no longer works.

Can’t even download the app for the new Aus streaming service with Aus VPN on; anyway you need a Aus mobile number so that wouldn’t work anyway…

Looks like Cricinfo for me only.