Ashes of the Singularity: New RTS from Stardock and Oxide Games

Anybody happen to pickup Escalation in the Steam sale (it’s 50% off)? Just wanted to see how it was going. :)

I did!

Only a few hours in (and to be honest I don’t know much of the game’s background) but it’s pretty fun and gives a strong Supreme Commander vibe, albeit with fewer unit types. I do like that you can slow the game down considerably… I like to play RTS games slowly and the lowest setting is great.

I got it from the humble bundle thing a bit before; played it for a bit, but since my mousewheel is sort of broken (i.e. I scroll up 4 lines and it decides instead to autoscroll down forever, until I move it up further to make it stop… leaving me basically down 10…) I have a hard time playing, due to the inability to zoom in/out quickly when navigating around the map. Guess I should bring my Razr MMO mouse into the shop… Reminds me, this is the second Razr MMO mouse I’ve had that has failed within 2 years :(

I guess I should do like the pros and just play at the ‘radar’ level though.
But I want to watch the action :P (even if I’m “only” playing on DirectX 11 - How is VULKAN coming along?)

Here’s a Dev Let’s Play of the Genisis campaign.

The July dev journal is out with an updated road map. :)

Anyone playing this lately?

Want to get back to it, but have been laptop/xbone only lately during the remodel.

Oh! Some of these sound pretty exciting!

I could maybe try a multiplayer game for the first time if anyone’s interested. Maybe a comp-stomp after the next update?

Managing designer Callum McCole showcases the second mission in the Genesis Campaign on the Much Harder difficulty.

Big v2.4 update coming this month with Vulkan support, UI and balance improvements, improved modding capabilities, and a free Co-Op Map Pack DLC!

More info here: https://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/484537/Major-v24-Update-Free-DLC-and-Vulkan-Support-for-Ashes-of-the-Singularity-E

VULKAN! Woho!

Great news.

Is the metaverse having issues? Went to try and look at a replay for a player in the ladder, and clicking it doesn’t seem to do anything. It takes a long time for the list to populate initially as well.

I think there was an issue over the weekend, but it should have been resolved.

The v2.4 update with Vulkan Support, and Free Co-Op Map Pack DLC is out today! The game is also on sale through the weekend up to 50% off. :)

Full update details here: https://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/484540

Update trailer:

Co-Op map pack overview:

Thanks for the continued support on this game. The free map pack is especially a nice treat!

Very nice, I’m really interested in the co-op map pack.

We have an Escalation v2.5 dev journal video about the new juggernauts and the rest of what’s coming up when we release v2.5!

I could be up for trying it next week/weekend (evenings PST). Pyperkub on Steam

Venturebeat Interviews Stardock’s VP of Entertainment Derek Paxton about Vulkan API.