Ashes of the Singularity: New RTS from Stardock and Oxide Games

That’s how I felt every time I played it. Shame…

I bounced off it (and Sins at least three times). It just seemed bland and floaty.

I played a skirmish tonight, and I’m not sure I really noticed a difference while playing. It is probably something I would need to see in side-by-side comparisons. I haven’t played in a while as well, so that could be part of the problem.

Version 2.9 is coming out this week for Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation! In addition to some AI updates and visual improvements, v2.9 contains a highly requested feature: hold position.

Don’t forget that Hunter/Prey is coming out this week, too. :) Check out Brad’s v2.9 post here: https://www.stardock.net/article/497580/ashes-of-the-singularity-v29-with-hunterprey

Hold Position will be very useful. I also like that there’s a new terrain texture as some of the landscape seems a bit… bland currently.

Looking forward to this :)

The Hunter / Prey expansion (and v2.9 update) is released and ready to go! I played a bit today and really enjoyed the new Heart of the Phoenix juggernaut - when I survived long enough to get it, anyway, lol.

I’m interested in what others think and whether you prefer the new PHC defenses or the Substrate units.

Well that’s going to be tricky. I typically played Substrate while my friend played PHC, but I’m more of a Boomer in these games so I might have to switch to PHC if I pick this up.

I can’t believe you guys would even consider playing Substrate - you do realize its likely only desire is the destruction of all mankind?

Take a look around. Are they wrong in that desire? ;)

I mean…technically man kind has ascended into post-human…kind…so like… is that a grey area? Who knows.

Substrate ships are pretty, so I like to play them. I am very easy to please, haha.

Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation FREE until 5/10/20 (10am PST) over at Humble:

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/210785/get-ashes-of-the-singularity-escalation-for-free

I hope we get to hear about Oxide’s latest project sometime in the near future. I would love to know if it is another rts based on the nitrous engine.

Still love this game although 1) I suck and 2) I suck even playing at slow speed.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve had this on my wish list forever. So…which DLC is good?

Although this a late and probably redundant reply… you know you can pause and give orders?

Even with that, I still suck! I’m being somewhat sarcastic, but I think my days of (maybe) being remotely good at RTS games died awhile ago…

There’s always time to learn Cheat Engine and game trainers :-)

If the game doesn’t work for you, maybe script an AI to assist you.

Whoa - this first Escalation mission, Orion’s Spur, is not easy. I’m having to actually learn what the Substrate options are. Do engineers heal structures does anyone know?

This engine was born to make SINS 2 with, Stardock just doesn’t know it yet or something…

I think the issue is who owns the SINS intellectual property, not that Stardock isn’t interested - at least from what I recall of past statements on the topic.

I also would love to see that be the next reveal…