Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

Both sides will normally only attack you when you’re in a restricted area. No matter how many battles you have won for one side versus the other, if you’re in a restricted area, you’ll get attacked by your ally.

You’re a mercenary, not one of them… is what I tell myself.

Alistair I think you are right.

the trick to make the game very easy is…the hunter tree and bonus to assasinate damage, hunter damage, headshot damage… stacking enough of these, you can easy oneshot enemies, shoting them in the head hidding in a bush.

Which is not how my Kassandra rolls; she prefers to make bitch kebab out of the enemies after smacking them in the face with their own shield. Or kick em off a cliff.

Kicking things off other things is my favourite thing of Odyssey.

Am I right in thinking that the Origins system of upgrading your quiver, hidden blade etc is gone, effectively replaced with engraving? It’s not just hidden somewhere I haven’t found?

You’re right. There are upgrades at blacksmiths but not of your core assassining infrastructure, as far as I know.

My ‘Son of a BITCH!’ moment this morning…

When you’re on your ship, if you turn around and go to the very back, there’s a chest there you can store crap in. So all those extra weapons and armor you can’t sell or dismantle? Put them there. Great place to keep all the epic (? - whatever the Gold ones are) pieces of armor where one of the benefits isn’t available until you have all 5 pieces. There’s also a message board on the main mast in the very middle.

I know sometimes, AC games go a little overboard w/ the tutorials and all - feels like this game could have used a few more. Or at least some hints during loading screens.

I actually did see that tip on a loading screen just yesterday, but the game is on a fast SSD so I only read the first few words before it was gone. Thanks for pointing out where you actually store items.

They JUST added that chest in patch 1.03 on your ship. It wasn’t there before.

I would not only concur with that, I’d go even further: DON’T buy the XP boost! You’ll mess yourself up in the game!

I can’t hardly keep pace with gear upgrades as it is, without XP advancement. If you were to actually use that it seems conceivable to me that you’d find yourself running around in Wal Mart gear, not even blue (rare) much less epic or legendary.

I feel a little better about that then. And a better solution (really) to the ‘hide’ button in Origins.

I have only upgraded my bow, and every 2 or 3 levels. Doing so seems enough. I have finished the game with something like 2000 of each material but wood (maybe because of the constant use of arrows). I have played in easy.

IMG_3710

Ah, was wondering about that. Got a popup about a naval message board but no indication where to find it.

If you thought the plot would uncharacteristically stay on the rails for an AC game, fear not. It goes off the rails into lala land as soon as it can.

Describe for me how AC gameplay hasn’t changed. I mean, even at the very basic control level, the difference between AC3 or Black Flag and Origins and Odyssey are pronounced!

I’m 35 hours in and so far, it’s been fine. If you’re talking about the precursor Isu stuff with the spear, please realize that so far in the game that’s been a well-implemented feature, and not an “off the rails” sojourn into “lala land” for a lot of us. In fact, it’s th best implementation of that stuff into a game world in an AC title so far, in my opinion. And the closeness in time with ancient Greece to those precursor entities presumably gives them some license to let me fight mythical creatures at some point, and that’s something I am all in favor of! Who wants to use Ancient Greece as a setting in a wildly implausible fantasy game and not have the courage to bring on monsters of legend?!?

Either you’re trolling us or you’re a crazy person. This game is basically unrecognisable as an old school Assassin’s Creed game.