Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

I dunno, it already feels like mini Greece to me – more shrinkage would look funny IMO.

The Aegean is cold this time of year.

I did just today. Didn’t run into any issues on XB1X, except a 5 second hitch once at Persephone’s Acropolis- expected it to crash out, but it came good.

I’ll look up what issues others have been having on the Ubi forum.

Game is telling me I have 33% completed so far, just dinged level 18. My Kassandra has the best hat ever.

I’m impartial to the straw hat myself.

I turn hats off because I love Kassandra’s hairdo. And because I like to see the faces of most characters, so I turn helmets off in most of the games where that’s an option. ;)

So I will continue beating my drum that the map is just too damn big and not traversal friendly.

Islands are almost all mountains, makes sense for the setting, but traversal takes forever, even on horse.

I’d give just about anything for Syndicate’s grappling hook right now.

At least you can play with Ikaros while your horse gets you there. Do you have the fall damage upgrade? That speeds things up a bit.

For me these journeys are the game. I often avoid vehicles in ubigames so I don’t get places too fast :)

I just never found that. Never used the horse, once you have unlocked fast travel you are normally no more than 500 or so away from any spot. Also plenty of stuff to collect, the amount of wood and iron you need means travelling between spots lets you collect it.

But if you mean you can’t magiacally appear next to stuff, yep thats true

I might just be complaining due to AC overload having started playing Odyssey just after finishing the last of Origins DLC.

:)

Maybe I need to revisit a FPS from by backlog.

How does everyone feel about the DLC? I got to the low 20s before I got distracted by other games but I’m intrigued by the latest sales even though I wonder if I’ll ever get to the content.

Backlog fairy says no…!

Waiting for all the DLC to come out before diving back in to my second playthrough. So I should be able to start that sometime in July. So I can’t comment on any of the DLC yet. Although I’m looking forward to playing through it at some point.

Yeah, I found the quick travel points in Odyssey to be incredibly forgiving, and travel overall to be not an issue. Even running or riding 1,500 meters isn’t that bad a thing. It maybe takes 10 minutes, tops and in that time you’re going to be collecting resources that you need anyway.

This was me even though I finished Origins about a year before I started Odyssey. Too much of something so similar that takes so long to complete with 50% of the content mostly repetitive stuff.

My favorite moment so far: I was toodling along the coast and noticed a Spartan and Athenian ship. I wondered if they were fighting, so I went closer, and sure enough they were firing arrows at one another. I swam out, wondering if I could climb up onto one of the ships and join the fray. The Athenian ship sank before I could get there, and the huge hull was rendered sinking into the water with the floating corpses all around. I’m guessing that these remnants disappear after a while rather than becoming permanent shipwrecks on the map, but I don’t know for sure, and it’s cool enough that they took it as far as they did. I wondered if I could loot the sunken ship’s chest, and sure enough… the chest drifted down along with the hull, lootable.

It’s the unscripted, dynamic stuff like that that I particularly enjoy.

LK I think your complaints are spot on as to me. I will devote the time in that game soon. I hear the new dlc is actually very good. And K is so …. well, she just kicks ass.

Having completed all the main story quests some time ago, I got the Season Pass for Xbox when it was on sale recently. Legacy of the First Blade was mostly satisfactory, but more of the same.

The first ep of Fate of Atlantis does a similar thing to Curse of the Pharaohs in Origins, ie. a completely new map in another dimension- Persephone’s realm of Elysium- that breathed new life & adventure into the game for me; and having completed that, it appears each subsequent ep will have its own new map to explore. If you’re looking for a change of scenery in the game, I can recommend it.

Here’s my unrequested take on Odyssey: it’s the closest thing we have in the PC to Breath of the Wild. The traversal, the combat, the unscripted dynamic stuff - BotW is the one game I can compare it to, and that’s a plus in my book. ;)

I’ve only played about 4 hours of BotW on a borrowed Switch, but I can see that comparison now that you’ve mentioned it.