Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

Is it true that you need to be level 40 to fight anubis and that the event ends on the 14th? If so that is pretty damn lame.

I’ve decided that weapons in this game are not fun. Very few weapons are any good.

Off the top of my head (so i am probably missing some), if a melee weapon doesn’t have one of the following special abilities, it is useless to me:

• Instant Charging
  • Poison on Hit
  • Fire on Hit

There are a few other bonuses that I feel are good, but they don’t compare to these.

Then after that i try to get bonuses i like the most.

Health on Kill is pretty good. :)

Yeah Anubis event is level 40 , and runs for 6 days. My guess is they will eventually repeat.

They will.

“Don’t worry if you miss one, you’ll have another shot to take on that god in the future.”

So I am working my way toward level 30, and leveling up my crafted gear. Still sporting the original outfit. :p

It took forever to get double assassination, it is so good. I still have half of the map unexplored. D:

What will you use an incredible weapon for, that you get as a reward, when you are level 40 and finished with the game?

What’s this Anubis event nonsense? There are timed events in Assassin’s Creed: Origin? I didn’t run into anything like that.

No kidding. Am I missing something? Is there supposedly some sort of post-level 40 endgame?

-Tom

Trial of the Gods challange - the first one started yesterday. Apparently, it will be a recurring event in the game.
So I guess you could use your level 40 legendary weapon for that one then.

"The first Trials of the Gods event is now live in Assassin’s Creed Origins, and will run through November 14.

If you manage to defeat Anubis in the first Trials of the Gods, you’ll receive the Conductor of Souls legendary sword, a level 40 weapon with critical hit rate up, combo chains and health on kill – and if you take down all four gods over the next few months, you’ll get a special outfit."

So then what… use that for the coming DLC’s?

Roaming the desert I’ve come across a few level 40 quests. They give 7500xp. So there is stuff to do past the main story and you are gonna need that better gear.

Metaphor time: This game is an average assassins creed cupcake bottom, with a delicious Egyptian open world icing on top.

cupcake

I’m guessing – and I’d love to know if I’m wrong – that the xp you get is only useful for the incremental 1% improvements at the tips of the three skill trees, right? I suspect that’s Ubisoft’s answer to “endgame content”.

-Tom

I’m guessing the level 40 quests are the endgame content, not the incremental 1% improvements to your skills.

I think you are correct, if at level 40 you had enough to buy all the other skills then the “3 tips” are all that remains to sink extra unused xp skill points into.

Very correct. I tried making my way over to where the start of a level 40 quest was, a Vulture 1 hit killed me along the way, and it was really mad as it had chased me a good 400 meters.

I’ve encountered like… at leaast 3-4 typos / grammar mistakes in the game (like in hints and such). I don’t know if people care that much about it, but to me, that really jumps out.

;) Say what?

Was just checking if you’d notice it too! ;)

Went sightseeing today, endgame zones are very ROMAN focused it seems.

Also kites!

It’s back!

Feels kinda weird, this must be the first AC game I haven’t played day one. But even with its brief hiatus I’m still feeling genre fatigue and I will probably wait for a sale.

My next bigger game purchase is going to be either this or Wolfenstein 2. This looks pretty great but on the other hand I really feel like putting the hurt on some virtual Nazis and KKK types (especially in an alternate history US).

I was seriously tempted to get this with the cool setting and positive talk about it. Instead I played Syndicate and while I enjoyed it enough with caveats, it reminded me why I’m not too crazy about AC. I wouldn’t be surprised if I picked it up on a deep sale, but I think $20 is about as much as I’d want to pay for an AC game unless they really make enough significant changes to the formula.