Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

Or a Metal Gear Solid game. Or a Witcher. The only thing even remotely unique in Horizon: Zero Dawn is robot dinosaurs.

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/spit-take-gif-13.gif

-Tom

I read his list and was all like, has he played any of the AC games? :D

@Enidigm Just kidding around. ;)

Oh this is great - and something not unlike has happened to me a few times :-D

edit:

okay - this is pretty fun as well, and not something I’d ever have though off

I was sneaking behind some crates and aiming my fire arrow… and the crates caught fire. Unexpected and very cool detail.

I’ve burned to death 7 times so far. :D

A lot of people figured out how to do that second one in Shadow of Mordor. Saves you the trip if there’s no loot to be had.

Ok ok ok! Ha. You guys got me! I bow before your superior AC knowledge.

I don’t get what’s happening in that second video. He’s using a drone to look around? Or at himself?

Photo mode camera, lets you zoom out and 360 all you want.

Can you turn the camera off? I annoyingly trigger it sometimes in the heat of battle. I recall seeing an option somewhere.

Why are you pressing both sticks in at the same time? You don’t even need to press one stick in during combat…?

I’m not doing it on purpose! I’m un-coordinated. ;)

Actually right click is the lock-on toggle, I do use that.

I’m constantly triggering photo mode as well on the PS4.

Weird - I’ve never done that by accident. I don’t do lock-on either in combat though, so maybe thats it ? Anyways - it was a new way for me to see around corners.

Just picked this up, loving it so far. Exploring tombs by torchlight, the grunt of your camel, the million different weapons and their styles. Love the spear. Horseback combat is fun and meaty, feels like Witcher. Boating around a crowded lake feels like the yacht scene in Caddyshack.

The graphics are gorgeous. Did you notice sand rolls downhill when your footprints get covered? Its like your footprints melt into the sand. Just superb.

Just climbed a pyramid. Man that was great, they still have the sides and metal cap in place in this time period.

Man caves and tombs and ruins just burst with atmosphere here. The torch lighting, sunbeams coming in through small gaps, giant statues right out of Raiders of The Lost Ark…

Fighting is hard in groups though. I’m trying to rescue this guy from an enemy stronghold and getting owned if the alarm sounds. I can only get close by being a sneaky bastard.

Get the smoke bomb w/optional damage upgrade on the right hand side of the tree. Problem solved.

Yeah, I saw that. The skill tree is as big as Skyrim now! The smoke bomb was a teeny bit overpowered in Black Flag, the last one I played. I’m gonna to try and get better at combat a bit first, but good to know it’s there if I get frustrated.

41 hours in and I still find some fights get frustrating when you get surrounded by guys wielding shields, and when it feels like no matter how good my timing is I get stuck in an animation and whittled down to near death for what I view as not my fault. It’s nice to be able to tap Y, or as I like to call it, press the instant win button.

One neat touch, at least later in the game, enemies will also smoke bomb you so it’s all fair in love and ninja warfare.

That’s pretty cool about them smoke bombing you.

I noticed something really cool after I fought some guys in the desert. Vultures started circling the dead bodies, and then one actually landed and started eating it.