Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

Yeah you can cheese the leveling system for resources though. :)

Go back to level 1-5 areas when you are level 20, and just gather tons of crafting stuff easily. Also you will come across dead players from other games, avenge them for an easy 250xp.

Hey, thanks for the tip! Fully upgraded stuff FTW!

BTW I hope that the latest patch fixed a bug in the bath house mission where all the people sitting around one of the pools look normal until you enter the pool, at which point they all become identical featureless and motionless mannequins.

By the way, there was a hint screen that said something about crafting, and there is some achievement about crafting things. Is this something that unlocks way later? I haven’t crafted anything yet. Does it mean upgrade your stuff with those resources on the gear screen?

By the way, this game is just gorgeous. I thought Black Flag was pretty with the sun drenched beaches, waves, storms and smoke. This game blows it away with the reeds, lilypads, desert and sunsets. Just breathtaking sometimes. I think it even beats W3.

Ubisoft is pretty damn close to making this franchise a full on RPG now. I mean you have dungeons, a huge map, tons of weapons, upgrades, stats, XP, leveling, looting bodies for stuff besides a few coins… you know I take it back, they HAVE made a full fledged RPG here. It’s amazing. They even have the Radiant AI type movements for all characters (even soldiers in camps) from the Elder Scrolls. But the world they built is soooooo much more impressive than anything Bethesda has made, way more akin to a CD Project effort. I think they really hit it out of the park with this one, it might be my GOTY.

There is an achievement for being fully decked out in Legendary Gear.

I’ve had no problems leveling up in this game. I’m enjoying the side quests so much, the main quest is lvl 34 and I’m nearing 40. I’ve also been going back to complete the Papryus puzzles. Really loving those.

Yeah I’m picking up all side missions and am doing them in the order of suggested level. Which means I am now level 30, doing missions at level 21-24.
I don’t feel overpowered either, since there is still the stealth approach to it that I enjoy. It just means I actually CAN stealth kill my enemies.

Oh, by the way. I’ve run in to a couple of topless (grown) women. Did they throw them in here and there because it was normal then, or is this some weird bug? :):):)

Can we talk more mechanics? This is probably the first AC game where you need to talk mechanics. A few questions I’m having:

1. If you go back and take on lower level enemies you seem to get lower level drops. Same with chests. Is this the same with quest rewards? The Papyrus finds? Haven’t noticed a trend yet. I’d hate to save the Papyrus scrolls for the end and get crap gear.

2. Is there any way to tell an enemy’s level outside of the skull? Because I sense there are skulls, and there are SKULLS. I have killed some bounty hunter beast by beating on them for a while with a horse, and it was hella hard. But sometimes a skull guy who is a normal troop will one shot me almost. I wonder if you can tell who is REALLY tough.

3. (Slight spoiler, I assume): Are there any traps in any of these tombs? So far I have not seen any. It would be cool to have big pits or spikes or something. In my kid imagination I always imagined all kinds of traps inside the pyramids. I did manage to trap myself in a tomb once because somehow I borked a thing I needed to slide. I was all panicked until I realized I could fast travel out of there. It was pretty funny though, I’m standing there with my torch going “I guess I’m a mummy now.”

One thing that I found kind of cool is that I was hunting then fighting a leopard and when it got down to low health it was smart enough to run away, so I gave chase on foot (which is pretty silly because I guarantee a leopard would run a lot faster than the fastest human–still it seemed to make more sense than chasing on a big noisy horse).

About the world being gorgeous, no kidding. And all the birds/wildlife are amazing.

Right, my wife was suggesting that until videogames got to this level there were all these frustrated artists who wanted to draw ibexes and the like and there was nothing for them to do. They all went into accounting or something. Now they all work for Ubisoft drawing entire little worlds.

They’re living their dream.

1. Papyrus gives level-appropriate rewards whenever you actually uncover the item. Hence probably good to spread them out as you go.

Here’s a question: if you kill level 8 hyenas/birds/whatever when you’re way overpowered for them, are the resulting animal goods less lucrative than those of higher level animals if you sell them? I ask because drachmas seem hard to come by in sufficient numbers.

I’ve noticed some animals drop multiple hides, not sure if that’s a levelling thing or not. I’ll go do a test.

They are special or something. If you send up senu, it will show them as sources of those materials and they drop 5. Some rare boss animals drop more.

Beautiful as this is, I think it learned everything it knows from Wildlands.

I only have seen topless women at the orgy the Greek merchant throws at the end of a quest. Have not seen them randomly around. In that context I’d say it was time period appropriate. I don’t know much about ancient Egyptian culture but the Greeks were obviously not prudes by any stretch.

A couple of new items:

1. The December Update features optional level-scaling for enemies. That’s kind of a big deal.
  1. Nightmare difficulty will be added that makes enemies even tougher for all you masochists.

2. Horde mode is also coming.

3. The third Trial of the Gods - Sekhmet

Hard mode has been hard, but not too hard. If i screw around, i can die fast because even joe blow random soldier can kill you in 3-4 hits. Enemies can take a lot of damage, but you can generally kill the lower level guys without too much trouble unless there are a lot of them. Every so often i mess up though and then i die really fast.

I’m not sure how they would add a nightmare mode without just making the enemies one hit you and take 5 minutes to kill.

The funny thing is that animals are significantly more difficult in this game because they have longer reach and they don’t flinch, so it can be extremely difficult to not get hit by them (and they still do a lot of damage).

Oh, good, more gladiator battles for me to not play.

-Tom