Assassin's Creed Revelation

What the hell?

How did you do it? I can’t even figure out how to kill a single guard in this one, let alone kill all those stronghold commanders before they run away.

On the bright side, I got the first flashback to being Altair! Yay! Gosh, that part felt good. The control scheme is just like I remembered too, just press X in high profile mode to counter, and Altair kills the person attacking you by slicing and dicing with his sword. So good. I wish Ezio could do that in Istanbul too. I still can’t figure out how to get Ezio to counter. Maybe he can’t? I also can’t figure out how to assassinate. With Altair, all I have to do is walk up behind someone and press attack.

The one(s) where the Templar Captain runs and hides are really hard. You basically have to be super careful to take out rooftop guards with throwing knives and the crossbow, then find yourself a nice vantage point where you can use eagle vision till you spot the guy, then, ideally, kill him with a crossbow to the back, or maybe a well-placed shrapnel bomb. The main thing is stealth.

I’ll admit the AC games are kind of running together in my brain at this point, but couldn’t you also dose the captain with your crazy poison, so he’d either kill everyone and eventually die of poison, or they’d gang up on him and kill him for you?

Sure, you could do that too, I suppose. I’m trying to remember the exact method I used. Pretty sure it involved using a parachute to glide down from my vantage point at the opportune moment.

Oh God now I need to play this too. I just bought the Ezio Collection since it was on sale.
Actually, I’ll have to play all of them. Even the first one. I guess it’ll be good working on my patience.

If you’ve recruited enough assassins, you can also use them to take the target out. Or use arrow storm (which was my favorite).

Oh that’s right, I did really like that aspect of being able to sic your gang or murderous rabble against your chosen target.

Hey nice! I forgot I could use those for Strongholds. I’ll give that a try tonight.

I hit LB accidentally all the time. It has caused me to fail a huge number of missions. (In most story missions there’s a lot of win conditions, and you can’t just call in your assassin buddies to kill your target).

BTW I was tooling around in this after I finished up the plot yesterday (and sat through the eternal end credits—during which time I checked emails on my phone and such—if I had quit during the credits and come back in, would I have had to repeat the epilogue mission?). I was renovating shops that I’d missed and at some point I see a red target marker on my minimap. I go to investigate it and it just seems to be some drunk dude holding a bottle and stumbling around. I go to fists and bop him one, then he goes into a fighting stance but doesn’t hit me back or anything. Finally I just punched him a few more times to disable him and clear the icon but it was weird. Did anyone else run into this? I thought he’d be one of those dudes that comes up and randomly stabs you but he wasn’t that.

Oh, another thing I was wondering about: after the single base defense tutorial mission, there was never another one… no message calling Ezio back to one of the Assassins’ dens to defend it. Was that most people’s experience?

I recall having one call for defending a den, I think it only triggers if your notoriety gets too high.

That is correct. If you work to keep your notoriety down, you’ll never have another base defense mission for the rest of the game. Which is good, because they sucked and sucked hard.

But when you then failed the tower defence part you could just go back in a murder the new owners old-style and take it back.

You don’t know whose base you just invaded do you?

How do you tell if you have high notoriety? And how do you “keep it down”?

I recall bribing heralds on the streets to decrease it, also you could kill a npc that kept respawning.

There should be a notoriety bar on the screen somewhere. :)

And ripping down wanted posters right? Or was that a different AC?

That was AC2. I haven’t noticed any posters in Revelations.

Thanks for the replies–no, they dispensed with the posters in Revelations. Instead you have to find and bribe the heralds, or assassinate Templar officials.

The way you can tell how notorious you are is the border around an icon in the HUD, which fills in red the more you misbehave.