Assassin's Creed Revelation

Yep. Ezio will be following Altair somehow. As someone who didn’t play the first game (started it, but didn’t like it), I’m looking forward to this one. LOVED AC2 and ACB, so I’m up for more Ezio. My wife will be thrilled too. She likes these games more than I do, I think, and I like them a good bit.

The press release says this is the final game in the series though. Why is that? Since they say the 4th and final game, they are counting AC1. So there will be no AC3, I guess? That’s a shame. I was hoping for a Far East version.

I like Ezio, but I was looking forward to either a full-on Desmond game (and I know this puts me in a minority) or a new character. Another Ezio game really feels like it’ll just be padding out the main storyline, which is the 2012 stuff.

Calling this the fourth and final game sucks. I was hoping AC:B was meant to be a side story, but clearly that’s not… well, I wouldn’t say ‘not the original intent’. People clearly liked Ezio enough that original intents go away. Oh well. I only want one thing from this, Ezio + Rosa = OTP.

As for Desmond and the 2012 gang, well, considering how AC:B ended I don’t see how it’ll benefit from being dragged out longer.

I was hoping they’d explore territory never before seen in a video game, like Omaha Beach on D-Day or Manhattan.

It isn’t the final game, just the final Ezio game. Some reporting is getting confused about the difference between the two.

So it’s the fourth AC game, and the third and final Ezio game. That is straight-up incorrect reporting, then.

I am also rooting for Ezio & Rosa! Stupid Brotherhood not giving us that.

I really like Ezio, so I’m happy to play more.

I too would really like a game in a new era and a new assassin. I like Ezio too but sheesh - how about something new guys?

They said they wanted to do an AC game every year. I would guess we’ll see more sequels and trilogies to each main numbered entry while they spend three years working on the big one. I mean, Assassin’s Creed 3 is absolutely going to come out in 2012, that’s their big milestone year.

As long as the games are as good as AC2 and Brotherhood they can make a new one every three months for all I care!

The Ottoman empire existed in some form from 1300 CE to the end of World War I.

That Game Informer cover has me thinking that we will also be playing as Altair in some way.

Ezio’s getting a bit long in the tooth, though. How old was this guy when he finally fired off the sperm that became Desmond’s ancestor? Dude is the Tony Randall of assassins.

I just can’t wait to see how this will be covered by the media here, especially when they find out the game is all about ‘rewarding assasinations of turks’. No real experience with any similar situation, sensationalist reporting, “no facts needed” approach… Should be thrilling.

You know those old Italian guys. They just can’t get enough.

How old is ezio at the end of brotherhood?

You could probably figure it out from the years given, but more importantly, people are constantly making cracks about his age by the end of the game. He’s supposed to be getting too old for this by the end of Brotherhood. Dragging it out further is a little bit of a stretch, though of course the game doesn’t need to take place over years.

Edit: I looked it up on Wikipedia. He is 44 at the end of Brotherhood. Of course, it’s entirely possible that Assassins live longer than regular humans, but IMO 44 is pushing it for jumping off of rooftops with Renaissance medical technology.

None of this really matters in the slightest. I’m just happy that they are seemingly planning to do more non-Ezio games after this.

Ezio is over 50 years old in this game

From a post on NeoGAF describing the article in Game Informer.

Yes, yes, you are very hardcore sarcastic. I bow to your cynicism. However, in your haste to look clever, you failed to take into account that there are tons of Asian locales and time periods that haven’t been covered much in Western video games. Did you know, they have multiple cultures and have a history that goes back thousands of years? But also have lots going on post-Renaissance that hasn’t been covered much in games. How about a game set in China in the 1800s? Or specifically set it in the midst of the Boxer Rebellion.

The only problem there is figuring out how to get that assassin into Desmond’s bloodline so the memory transfer makes sense. Though that’s probably not a big deal for a decent writer.

Desmond’s American. They can have an assassin anywhere they want, anytime they want, and it’s entirely plausible that that assassin’s descendents emigrated to America anytime in the past couple hundred years.

Sure, and I agree it’s doable. But considering he already has middle eastern and Italian ancestry, throwing in Chinese ancestry makes for an awfully eclectic background. It would make more sense to me to do something like France during the revolution, possibly. But hell, I don’t really care all that much if it’s a good game.