Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Just if anyone is interested but they keep playing with the Discovery Tour concept, and here it’s different than the past couple Discovery Tours in Origins and Odyssey, where here there’s actually a story line, characters, and a narrative. It also has some ‘behind the scenes’ stuff, a first for the Discovery Tour.

Origins had behind-the-scenes stuff. There were entries for why they chose to portray stuff anachronistically or in wrong locations for gameplay reasons.

Has anyone tried the new DLC yet? Dawn of Ragnarok, I think? Just wondering how it plays.

I guess this was announced last month, but we missed it.

Ostara Festival returning, more river raid stuff coming, more mastery challenges, etc. The big news is the addition of an in-game Armory.

The Armory is a new building which can be built in Ravensthorpe that allows you to customize and display your favorite gear sets. The Armory accommodates up to five loadouts of weapons, armor, and skills. Once they are saved to a display mannequin within the building, Eivor may freely change between these loadouts from anywhere in the world.

Did anyone play through the Ragnerok DLC? If so, what did they think of it?

It’s tough for me to isolate the experience from the whole. I liked the DLC setting and the concepts seemed neat, but by that point I’d had my fill of Eivor and Valhalla, so it was kind of a chore to get through.

It’s like this Armory announcement. I’m curious, but at this point, I’m not going to reinstall the game just to check this out. Loadouts are something they should’ve added to the game a long time ago.

Right, you hope the concept survives into the next game but you never know.

Well, since the next game is going to be a live-service thing, I guess they can add it at any time because it’s FOREVER.

The Armory is a cool idea. If I get back into this at some point, it’ll come in handy.

So the complete version of this is on sale, and it looks fun, but I’ve not played Odyssey yet. Should I play Odyssey, or should I jump into Valhalla?

I loved Origins but petered out on it eventually.

Depends if you prefer misty viking England or sunny adventures in Greece.

A lot of people seem to like Odyssey’s setting more but have a slight preference for Valhalla gameplay I think. I liked em both :)

I’ve always been more interested in Norse stuff than Greek stuff, so I might lean toward Valhalla.

Odyssey is a much better game, sadly.

Thinking back, while Valhalla was fine, it was a step back from Odyssey in so many ways which is what makes it all the more disappointing.

This is an objectively right opinion.

I kinda like Valhalla combat a bit more. In a way. It’s a shock that basically every other part of the game is aj obvious step back. I’m trying to think of parts that are at least questionable or someone can call them better. I guess new item system is better in a sense that you can complete the whole game on the highest difficulty without changing your starting weapon (I sure did). It also makes exploration kinda pointless. But I know some people like it this way.

Oh, I know. They’ve changed the way enemy levels work, level difference is no longer important. In Origins and Odyssey if the enemy is 4+ levels higher than you he gets buffs to one shot you and ignore your assassination attempts. Here higher level enemies are just a little tougher.

Welp I’m an asshole. Saw Immortal Fenyx Rising was on an even deeper sale and snagged that instead. ;) Thanks for the input y’all, I do appreciate it. Will likely get Valhalla when it gets cheap enough.

FWIW Fenyx Rising is probably the best open world game from Ubisoft.

Pretty sure Brian is a Starlink man.

I got sick of Starlink pretty damned fast.

I ended up really liking it. All the individual elements were pretty basic but there was more of a range than most Ubigames.