Astronarch - Just set it and forget it. Indie Auto-battler Roguelike by Dale Turner

Oh! duh! Thanks for that.

I figured I wasn’t the only person that missed this lol. I got to corruption 5 ignoring it :P

Also, kudos for the Ron Popeil reference in the thread title.

I won with very similar items shortly after my last post. Had the Reverie and Pharaohs combined with Berserker who got faster and faster. Ranger turtle would tank until zerker got up to speed.

Zerker + Whirlwind Axe is very much in “name a more iconic duo” territory.

Paladin, Fiend, Warlock, Rogue, Frost Mage. If you get the item that lowers the mana cost after each ability cast, the Warlock becomes a healing machine gun. This combo is just rock solid, I’ve been locked into Palie, Warlock, Fiend, Rogue for a while now, as I can’t find a better starting Trio than Palie, Loc, Fiend. The juggling of the Fiend tanking first, dying, gives the Palie time to build up his shield, when that palie starts to get some damage done, the Fiend is back up. Fiend is an incredible character if you build it as a tank. The Fiend coming back to life, just as my last character was about to die, has won me a fight more than once.

So much fun. I really hope he continues to release new characters, this game is a blast.

I read somewhere on the Steam forums he has one more in mind, but he’s currently too busy implementing suggestions and hot fixes to put it in yet.

Corruption 10 done, 57 morale at the end. Fiend, Palie, Warlock, Rogue, Frost mage. This team has done the last 3 corruption levels without a loss, which makes me really like them lol.

This last runthrough, I played my palie completely differently than I usually do, because I ran into a few items. I usually build palie for max shield generation, max healing. This time I used the sword that sets your attack and speed (ended up being 80 attack and 1.3? speed), combined with the sword that gives you 150% of your attack and ability as health, along with the 45% more health received amulet. The amazing amount of extra damage I got out of the palie doing this, while still remaining pretty damn tanky due to all the lifesteal, made this the easiest run I’ve had, and the fastest. I just mowed through mob packs.

Man I love this game. Even in comps you are really set on, there is so much room to try different strategies.

I’ll be starting up my first game of the day in fifteen minutes or so. I think I’m currently at corruption 6 or 7 (I forget which). The last game I played last night I finished off the “Every Dog” achievement for leveling all characters at least once. It was a Blood Mage + Berzerker deck since they were the only characters I hadn’t played yet. I didn’t manage to turn anything on its head in that game, but I did manage to do just well enough to win.

I’ve been stuck into the slow over time experiment of trying to min/max a combo, which for me is really fun. I’m quite sure there are probably a million different comps to start with, and synergies with comps/gear that I have no idea of. That to me is incredibly fun. I am constantly looking for the meta in games like these, so this one really ticks all the boxes for me, there are so many variables when you throw in the gear builds.

Grats on all the characters unlocked! I was really into blood mage for a few levels, it’s a great character. I haven’t done much with zerker, but I’m really intrigued to try and put together a ‘kill it before it kills you’ kind of party.

Nobody in the history of the planet has ever abbreviated “paladin” to “palie” until now. For good reason. Sheesh.

I think I’m getting the hang of it! 73 morale at the end of that run lol. corruption 10.

This really is a well designed game! I love that there is enough design space for you to go deep into one particular comp while at the same time I am changing teams every time and enjoying the variety that way.

I finally got a win with Fiend and got through Corruption 8 and 9. Corruption 9 was mostly about Bloodmage being stupid good with max life items, and then finding and upgrading the event item that can proc heal for the whole team. Stuck that on my Assassin and they massively outhealed the Bloodmage in long battles.

Someone mentioned having trouble with the Ranger…there are a couple classes of items that massively boost either attack or defense at the beginning of the battle. Try and go hard in on some of those. I have not been successful with defensive Ranger yet, but offensive Ranger does some serious damage when fully kitted out.

All I want is a random party option!

Close eyes, click mouse? lol.

Whoops, bought a car.

I would recommend closing all of your other browser tabs before trying this method!

Yes, and I remarked that they were quite item-dependent for that reason

The dev thinks there are some issues with this, but has been considering possibilities

On to 12, this was pretty insane. Warlock was absolutely ridiculous healing. Mana cost being reduced 18 per cast, with 60% faster mana regen :P

1. Unique: Take piercing dmg = 50% HP at the start of combat. You gain lots/assloads/fuck-you of ATK and SPD.

2. Unique: While your HP is <= 50%, your active costs -25/50/75 MP.

3. Veil of the Holy Mother (unique): You gain Divine and Hidden for 10/20/30s at the start of combat. You lose Divine if you lose Hidden.

4. Equip Ronin.

5. Kill most everything before they get to cast.

That was way, way more unfair than any Berserker silliness I’ve pulled off.