Astronarch - Just set it and forget it. Indie Auto-battler Roguelike by Dale Turner

Did they ever add a ‘randomise’ button with team selection? I thought that would help the character balance issue by taking away the urge to always select ones you already have a winning strategy with.

Oof, a truly random selection would be pretty rough outside of the base difficulty. It’s not really designed for that, heh.

Yah, it is definitely far from “balanced”, that’s for sure, but it is fun to figure out the combos, and what does and doesn’t work for you.

Looks like yes - there is now a “select a random hero” button at the top left (or hotkey R at the tavern), which you can use as many times as you want.

Just got into this game yesterday. Won (vs the Primarch) on my second try despite eating shit on most of the act 2 and 3 combats, I think mostly thanks to the Bard? I wasn’t having much luck with him on healing, at least not with the team I had, but him on attack buffing had my Berserker close to 300 attack by the end of that boss fight. Or anyway, I think that was the deal. I find, despite the copious tooltips, that I don’t have much of a sense of what’s happening in the game or what I should be taking. That I won anyway says something. I don’t know what!