ATOM RPG - The Fallout everyone wanted

Yeah food can’t be used during combat like med kits however when you haven’t been spotted it’s a good time to down those items which give 30 minute (game time) buffs.

By far the most dangerous enemies I have encountered are grenade throwers the aoe damage and splash can easily ruin companions.

Finally finished. I’d give the game a solid 8/10 overall. The story in the end had a pretty good twist, but it was a little undercooked. Progression pacing towards the end really suffered, I only got access to top tier rifles in pretty much the last location of the game. The fights in the same location were also pretty hard but I managed on Normal with a lvl 21 lone wolf sniper + dog, after injecting myself with every drug in my inventory and liberally using steampaks every turn. I don’t know if these fights are even possible with melee, and if you bring companions they will most likely die. I had to tell my dog to stay behind in one of the hallways because enemies made swiss cheese out of him otherwise.

Bat --did dog survive?

Of course! As a dog owner IRL I went above and beyond to protect my virtual buddy :)

Pumping yourself up with a bunch of drugs is a good idea (only in video games, kids!). How many attempts did it take?

Writhing in drug withdrawl next to your companions corpses seems like a suitable ending for a post apocalyptic rpg.

Only 2 attempts for each fight. Key to success was shooting once (I was lucky to have the Remington rifle as well) and then move around the corner, forcing AI to waste APs. I’d also devote entire turn to stimpak treatment plus some movement if necessary.

I still love this game but I’m becoming more conflicted. Mostly because of the walking! I feel like I’m going back and forth on the overland map all the time and overland travel is Slow.

Ok just figured out who to build the 3rd upgrade to the pistol… this thing costs 2 AP to fires and does 6-17 damage each shot! I got the Perk to decrease cost of all Pistol shots, which means it cost 1AP to do 6-17 damage for 5 shot clip in one turn I do 30 to 85 damage in a turn! Get some AP rounds and I’m ready to take on the big robot in the bunker I ran from a few hours ago.

I’ve got close to 100,00 grand with all the salvage I got from taking on the salvage yard. Thinking I’m going to buy those insanely expensive Military Armor at the K shop.

FYI this changed happened within one hour. I was firing 3AP for 5-16 damage, getting in 2 shots a turn (with 1 ap for pivoting) equaling 10 to 32 damage and an hour later my character was taking down up to 2 enemies.with 30 to 85 damage a turn.

I just completed the 2nd to last battle, it was brutal but I managed to beat it by ordering my people to retreat and aggressive turn to turn to prevent them from charging ahead of me.

I soaked up LOTs of damage, and used a insane amount of stimpacks but everyone survived including my rescued slave who did her job and drew a little fire.

I had to reload once because I armed allies with grenades, that was a HUGE mistake, talk about friendly fire! Restarted the battle and took their grenades away and stood up front drawing fire and shooting with a few shots, healing, and rearming my grenades when I could get them off.

I had to take out the heavy gunner enemy FAST. He was burst firing and doing damage to his friendlies, but he also threw grenades which was hurtling my team BAD!

I’m about 10 hours in.

There are a lot of people and they all have stuff they want to talk to you about. But there are few “quest” givers and few “quests”, so the talk is usually pointless and there is little XP to be gained. It’s kind of frustrating. Maybe I will have to grind random encounters in order to gain XP.

Also, there have been a couple times where I could not pass a stat check and there was no way to back out of a conversation, resulting in forced combat. Maybe my character build is not specialized enough, dunno. (I will post a screenshot of my character sheet when I get a chance.)

I was hoping for more companions too, since I took a perk that gives companions enhanced stats while in my party. But there are only like five potential companions in the entire game. Maybe that perk was wasted. Meh.

I am enjoying the game a lot more now that I have some companions and am no longer being consistently one-shotted. My character is very much non-optimal, however, except for Speechcraft. Overall, this is a very good Fallout sequel, even if it is missing some of the “coolness”/“radness” of the original. The level of polish is very high, and the engine runs great on my potato.

Like Wasteland 2, the overworld map is goofy, though.

I’ve been playing this a lot in the last two weeks (steam shows 64 hours, but some is when I am away from the keyboard and the game is still running).

I’m on my 4th character; typical for me on these types of games as I want to make changes after playing a bit. I’m currently saving up for an automated rifle (AK47) as money is a problem for me right now.

Polish is good, but still see some obvious typos and grammar issues. I only have one companion right now, have not found the others yet. This is making some areas a little too tough for me without the AK47.

I am sort of lost. I made it to the first town but I have no weapon and little money. Are there some beginning non-violent fetch quests to get me started and get me some beginning equipment? Cause right now I feel sort of stuck. At least Fallout starts me with a pistol.

The first town has a bunch of newbie quests. Do those before wandering around.

You won’t get a decent pistol for a while, so get used to melee. Craft Shivs until you find a good knife. Best place to get a non-rusty pistol is the wandering caravans (need about $800), but ammo is scarce and better saved for hard battles. You’ll be doing melee for the first 3-4 levels.

I’d give you some hints, but I don’t know how to spoiler tag on this forum software.

Select the spoilers, click the right most icon in the reply box, and choose “Blur spoiler.”

https://i.imgur.com/2l7rq3D.png

Son of a bitch! After all the effort I put into repairing that car…

What??? What Happened…Spoiler if you must.

This video shows what happens to the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA5nGK_CKIE

But I just learned there is actually more than one car. WTF?! Developers are trolls!

LOL, You are right about them being trolls. I still can’t do the death tunnel. Not enough skill to fix the machine and I can’t find a gas mask.