Avalon with Plots - Game 13 - Get in here to point fingers and cast doubt

This is an obvious signal on how she wants certain party members to vote for this quest. Adding it to my evidence book.

Has anyone seen our Questing Knights? I’m a bit worried about them.

Whoops. It was Passover, four cups of wine, etc. etc. Their exodus is well-documented!

Before I reveal the outcome of the Quest, however, we need to settle Keeping a close eye.

The way we’ve played it in the past, the mission result was revealed; then the holder of Keeping a close eye could choose to play the card (and then select the player).

Earlier in this thread, there was a suggestion to use Keeping prior to mission result reveal. This make more sense for a tabletop analogy. Once the cards are submitted, shuffled, and revealed (as mission success/failure), there’s no way to check a player’s card.

Thus, I’m making the call that Keeping a close eye on you must be played after mission results are in, but before the mission’s result has been revealed.

As such:
Blips, would you like to play Keeping a Close Eye on You?

Given the discussion that occurred throughout the thread, I’m going to use my card. I think that, if there is any Evil, that they most likely read about my hesitation on using the card for the first mission.

Also, at this point with a mission of just 3 knights, I am guaranteed to know who voted for failure given that I know I’m good, and there are only two other people on the team.

Therefore, I’m going to play my card on Christien.

Quest 1 results

Blips plays Keeping an Eye on You on Christien Murawski, quest leader. Christien reveals that he has voted Success.

The Knights fought bravely in the jungle against the native wildebeast. They emerged triumphant: as it turns out, wildebeast are fruitless at debate.

The Quest was successful!

The quest team: Christien Murawski (leader), Blips, robthomasson

The votes: Christien Murawski voted Success; also, success, success

Dave Perkins is the new team leader for Quest the Second.

Dave, please distribute the following plot cards:

Overheard Conversation
Keeping a close eye on you
Opinion Maker

Though you may distribute them in any order, please pause after distributing Overheard Conversation so we can resolve its effects.

I’ll give Overheard to rob.

robthomasson, would you like to see the affiliation (Good or Evil) of Blips or Lantz?

Point of order: Shouldn’t this be revealed to Blips alone?

I would be the most logical choice so we can keep building upon our first team.

If so, then I hope we keep playing without a restart.

I concur, it shouldn’t affect the outcome.

I think it should have been but in this particular scenario it doesn’t matter.

Dave care to share why you didn’t give it to someone who could check rowe and potentially get our trust chain to three? It is hard for me to not consider that as making you two to be far more likely to be evil.

So, I tend to feel that you are good because of the quest vote and your offer … and I have no feeling about Lantz. But a tendency means nothing here so really you and Lantz are equally unknown to me. I will go with the player earliest in the order.

I would like to see the affiliation of Blips.

Good, now we should definitely have a solid foundation for the next mission, presuming that Dave isn’t crazy, or Evil, or crazy Evil - oh, and that you’re not any of those either ;P

Damn, would have been great to have it go to Casey or soon. Maybe next quest, there’s still another card like that we can use.

Also, SUCCESS, good start!

I think it’s better to get multiple chains going rather than extend one chain.

Yes. It should have been revealed to the player of Keeping an Eye. I can’t believe I did that again!! Thank you for pointing that out and for affirming that it does not change the outcome. We will keep playing. If I do that again I’m fired.

Blips has been revealed!