Avatar: James Cameron's Ostensibly Revolutionary Spacey 3D Cinematic D&D Campaign

Never having been to Disneyworld, I looked this up, expecting it to be a repurposed Jungle River Ride (or whatever that was called), as they’ve done in Disneyland with Pixarizing the submarine ride, but I guess not.

It looks like the nice beginning to a raft ride, but then it just ends. I know it isn’t meant to be a thrill ride, but still… it seems awfully empty, aside from the glowing plants. The boats getting all jammed up kind of takes the fun out as well. It looks like something that would be better set up as a ride/transportation option to get to the other side of the area, like Disneyland’s railroad, which had indoor animatronic scenes and outdoor areas that circled the whole park.

The recommended vids for this led me to the Disney Shanghai Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and holy shit:

They have a lot of screen work, as in videos playing you can’t really see in that video. It is kind of short, but it’s a really nice, peaceful and beautiful ride. I don’t get the complaints really.

There’s a guy locally around town who is infamous for his love of Avatar:

I appreciated that we didn’t have to wait to get on it, at least. The aggravation to enjoyment ratio was OK. We had to skip the “main” Avatar ride since we didn’t select it for fast pass, and the wait was something like 6 hours.

Flight of Passage, Seven Dwarves, Slinky Dog I think were the top ones when we went. I did Flight of Passage it was… incredible.

I mean it’s not going to be at the top of anyone list but the area, the visuals, it’s a nice peaceful ride, a story like ride. My nephew loved it, and it was a nice reprieve. It also a boat so that means quick load on and off so it goes quickly.

Apparently Rise of the Resistance is the new king of wait time insanity. Get in before park open, rope drop and rush in, and start jamming the register button for a virtual queue spot with all your might for a slightly better than 50/50 chance of getting into a boarding party for the day before they’re all full…

Buddy of mine was at the park at 7AM the other day and was in the fifth to last boarding group guaranteed to actually go that day (they assign another 20 or so hopefuls beyond the 115 they can feel sure will get in). Think he wound up riding over 12 hours later. Absurd, lol.

But was it worth it?

My sister is flying there tomorrow. She is not looking forward to going early to que for that ride, but I know all of them are going to love it, especially young nephew.

According to him, very much yes. I didn’t read his full review cuz spoilers, but he loved it!

I’ve heard a lot of complaints about waiting and technical issues, a few about kids going into roles that are too complicated for them but so far zero about it not being worth it. I look forward to my sisters review for herself as well as the five year old.