Well, what do you think?

I’m going to say no. While there are positives, I think you’d be stuck managing them more then you’d like because they can be NSFW, offensive, and overdone at times. And while it’s nice to personalize, its not necessary.

Everything new is evil - therefore no thanks!

Spoiler

No.

Did someone take over Tom’s account?

Wait, what?

And this thread was started by Tom Chick? What’s next, him posting inappropriate gifs in the animated gifs thread?

Just Tom making fun of the “Spoiler Tags! Y/N?” thread. The only correct option is Shit Bonerz.

I voted yes. But I only want to watch the world burn.

Hopefully anyone voting yes will be banned.

spoiler tags are functional. Avatars and signatures are noise. Fuck. That. Shit.

Preach it, brother!

Yeah pretty much.

Avatars are fun. It’s a small enough community that they’re unlikely to be a major problem and they offer a chance for people to better express themselves (which is what this place is about in the first place). And IMO they are somewhat functional: I can visually pair avatars with posts which helps me better remember who people are.

Yes, but only if they are required to be animated. Also, doubled animation speed is mandatory.

I’d have no beef with signatures as long as everyone lists the specs of their computer, the size of the engine in their car and stats from the ‘about’ section of their iPhone/Pad/Touch. Oh, and favourite recipe for salsa.

Don’t forget random holiday photos and screenshots from favorite movies!

I wonder why Tom doesn’t just go ahead and implement avatars and go from there. I guess a poll is simpler? Lack of avatars does make the forum look much more tidier and my eyes are always drawn straight to the text other people write, and not the poster, or some image associated with them. Personally, I don’t mind either way.

I’m of the opinion that ideas should be at least experimented with, and decision made from there.

While avatars and signatures are fun, they really get in the way of the one thing I like here, reading posts.

I wouldn’t mind avatars, but I’m not clamoring for them either. Signatures are where we must draw the line.

I don’t mind avatars if they’re non-animated and kept to a reasonably small size. However I’m afraid this is the first step down a slippery slope which will lead to 300 pixel high animated blinking signature blocks.

Oh I just read what Brad Grenz said… he’s like the west coast me. I agree with him!