Back to backlogs

Not sure if I can build those.

It’s worth digging into a wiki to learn where the blueprint is (and no, ideally you wouldn’t have to, I feel strongly they should guide you to that one very early on). It allows you to place an object that can be toggled on or off that you can see on your HUD - in other words it lets you get back to places with 100% reliability. For exactly the reasons you describe, it’s virtually impossible to play the game without them.

I played a lot of Watch Dogs 2 yesterday and today. Love being able to call the cops on gang dudes and thus starting a conflict, which often conveniently clears out the restricted area that I’m trying to pick something up from.
It’s also a refreshingly political game, none of this “all sides” bullshit.

I can’t quit my backlog.

I know I should, I have quite a number of games released in the last year or two that I should be playing (Resident Evil 2, RDR 2, AC: Odyssey, Monster Hunter, Divine Divinity: OS2, others).

And yet, I keep playing stuff that is many years old that I never got to, or never put much time into. The little playing time I’ve had the last few months I’ve spent playing FF XIII. A game I never even liked that much in the first place and had already put 25 hours into at release. Got to last boss and after four attempts, I think I can call this finished.

But then started up Kingdoms of Amalur this weekend. I keep going back to Xbox 360 games instead of moving forward and playing the well over 50 Xbox One titles I own. Thanks Xbox One BC. I think I am starting to see a downside to Backward Compatibility.

Oh, and I did start a “new” Xbox One game this weekend: Final Fantasy XII, a remaster of a PS 2 game.

Why not play that stuff if that’s what you want to do? Just stop buying that other stuff :)

Ha! If only I knew the secret to this.

Although, now because of PC and Xbox Games Pass, I might have a shot at not buying newer bargain priced games. Well, okay, probably not. But at least buying less of them.

REPORTED

I pretty much shelved the games I was stuck on above. I can see myself going back to Divinity Original Sin 2 if I get to the point I don’t have any untried games yet and that bubbles to the top. Same holds true for The Bard’s Tale IV and AC: Odyssey. Right now I just have potentially more interesting things to try. Sniper Elite IV, Red Dead 2 I probably won’t even go back to.

In the mean time I also started Far Cry 5, which is OK - but I shelved in favor of playing God of War. This has been a good choice. The story and experience makes a much better connection to me and doesn’t have so much filler.

Question - What should I start next?:
Operencia: The Stolen Sun or The Tower of Time

I am playing Operencia. It seems to move along at a fast pace.

Played through and finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution the past few days. Now tempted to pick up Mankind Divided and play through that as well.

I played quite a bit of that a few years back and really enjoyed it. Don’t know what distracted me from continuing.

Same, I am in that cool ally with the led light tubes everywhere (the one from the promo images with the angels wings), gotta finish that up as it was a good game that I just got distracted from.

IIRC I was in that Chinese city neighborhood that had all kinds of passages between apartments on multiple levels.

That killed it for me as well. I want to try again, because I was really enjoying it before that.

Finished Shadow of Mordor and halfway through Shadow of War now. Great games. Glad I waited on War though and missed all the micro transaction crap.

I should try Shadow of Mordor. I think Nvidia gave me a free copy recently.

I dipped my toe in it and it is a decent game. Voice acting is better than expected. Environments are pretty and some puzzles interesting. Combat is fun if not a little basic. I made it just passed the forest and I think I’m ready to give Tower of Time a try. I don’t think I’m retiring Operencia for good, but ready to see if my other option grabs me a bit stronger.

I actually played through that one twice (the main plot anyway).

In my case I wouldn’t say it killed the game for me. It’s just the last part I remember playing. I know I got past the first boss fight.

Getting around Hengsha could be annoying, but probably the most annoying thing to me was having to search and scavenge everything just to get enough ammo to get by, at least until towards the end. The guy is working for Sarif Industries as head of security, why does he need to go to a black market dealer for ammo, and why does the dealer only have 20 rounds in stock. I know it is part of the challenge, but it was annoying at times. The only place I considered walking away from the game was the 3rd boss fight.

Finished Lone Echo! Backlog defeated…

Until its zombie-like reappearance in the near future anyway :) But really, it’s subscriptions for me for the next while. I think Red Dead will be an exception, but only once Jedi Thingbob and Need for Speed are dispatched via Origin, and Phoenix Point and maybe a Halo have turned up on GamePass. I might be able to fit it in before Watchdogs Legion turns up and justifies another month of Uplay, along with finishing Breakpoint. Crazy days.