Backlog Queue: DLC edition replays edition

As if my backlog of games pending to play isn’t long enough, I’m doing a list of my games pending to re-play, because I haven’t played the DLC that was released after I played the game, or because they are very replayable games and there is stuff I still want to see.

My list

Redout: At this point, the amount of tracks has doubled since the original release, so I have tons of new places to see.

Borderlands 2: played at release, I missing the 4 dlc pack they did? Apart that I only played one of the classes, of course.

Fallout New Vegas : This is burning my soul from a good while. I have it pending to replay Fallout New Vegas from years already. The plan is to mod it (I played it on release, so almost without mods) and use the opportunity to play the DLC, I heard it was good.

Total Warhammer: I don’t have the DLC, in this case it’s here because I have pending to play with the Green horde and with the Empire, the races play very differently so it counts a ‘new content’.

Space Rangers 2 HD A War Apart : I love this damn game! Since I played the base game, they released the Reboot version that included some kind of expansion/addon content, and after that they did this HD version which also integrates new content done by the fan community.

Dying Light The Following: I haven’t played the Following. Do I have to replay the entire game for that now? I mean, I liked it a lot, but I’m not sure I want to replay this 40 hours game.

A Hat in time: new free DLC was released, but I heard there may have a second DLC in the works? I surely will wait until that is released and then replay it. Also it has a nice little mod community on Steam who is doing new levels, so I will also try whatever is popular and high rated.

Bastion: This is more normal replay than anything else. It’s still my favorite game of this company, so I wanted to replay it some day.

Company of Heroes 2: With how much I liked CoH1, it was almost strange how little I played CoH2. I should give online a chance, and also see what’s the DLC is about.

Tangledeep: I bought the second expansion, like a year ago, I should check it some day…

Dominions 5: dirty secret, I think I talked more about the game or even watched let’s play youtube videos than actually playing it. I played Dom4 way more time. I should fix that.

Anyone in a similar situation?

IIRC You can play Dying Light The following right from the start.

As for the list, the big one for me is Crusader Kings 2. I put in maybe 20 or 30 hours over the years but never got into it, plus it always seemed like there’s a big patch or a dlc just around the corner. Now that I have all the content I should really play it but more simple/manageable games keep getting priority over it.

Absolutely in the same boat. I tend to buy season passes when they go on sale. Off the top of my head, I have unplayed DLC for
Far Cry 5
South Park FBH
Watch Dogs 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Forza Horizon 2 & 3
Just Cause 3
Europa Uni 4 ( I think I’m kidding myself here )

But I do eventually get to them. Usually. This year I finally did Far Cry 4’s DLC. Was pretty good.

I finish a game about 70% of the time when I start them, but it’s usually a close thing. I rarely to never attempt the DLC because by then I am quite finished with the title. It’s a pretty uncommon intersection where I find myself wanting more than the original game provides and the DLC is high enough quality to warrant the attention.

Prey - Mooncrash is not on my backlog but probably will be next sale.
Dragon Age Inquisition - Also not on my backlog, but maybe next sale. I want to play through it but not sure if I have to restart or not which would probably be a deal killer. It’s a massive game to play through twice.
Pillars of Eternity 2 - Also not on my backlog but will definitely be picking them up when all released and replaying.
Pathfinder Kingmaker - Hrm. I might not actually belong in this thread, because I haven’t bought the DLC for this either but I so loved the first 3 chapters of the game. If they fix up the rest any DLC will be a must buy.
Horizons Zero Dawn - Really want to 100% this and the DLC but again, haven’t bought it either.

So I guess that just leaves Divinity Original Sin 2 that I am currently replaying? Which is more just a redone version rather than DLC.

At least this is one backlog that isn’t as bad as my other games/movies/console games backlogs.

So untouched DLC for games I’ve finished that I want to play:

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine
Dishonored 2 Death of the Outsider
Homefront the Revolution DLCs.
AC Syndicate : Jack the Ripper

@TurinTur @Bateau @Gendal @RickH how are you folks progressing? ;)

What is this thread? Nooooo… Nononononononono. Fractal backlog…

From 9 games mentioned, I can say I played two of them!

Strangely neither extra content convinced me. They were Redout and CoH2. In Redout case, I could swear the game was updated since I played and made it harder, and “more and more of the game” DLC god eventually old. In CoH2, the DLC was also not the strongest part except some standout missions, and it a way served to confirm my opinion than CoH 1 > CoH 2.

What I wrote about aHiT was correct:

A Hat in time: new free DLC was released, but I heard there may have a second DLC in the works?

But with the huge backlog, I will await until, say, Autumn steam sales or whatever to buy that second dlc and then do the replay with both of them.

I uh…occasionally watch 2-3 episodes of random Let’s Plays of CK2 before I inevitably move on to something else lol. One of these days, I swear!

The biggest bane of my backlog right now are GaaS games, I’ve been mostly playing The Division 2 and Monster Hunter: World these last two months, and there’s a new Path of Exile league on the horizon again…

I, uh, bought more DLC for stuff. But I technically played some of it when I got about halfway through the ACIII remaster. And a while back I did play through the Far Cry 4 Land of the Yetis DLC, which was pretty good. Bite-sized Far Cry.

EDIT: crap I already used FC4.

I started the Pillars of Eternity 2 turn based mode with the intent of hitting the DLC. Made it up to level 10 on path of the damned. The fights are good, with a constant feeling that you are hanging on by the skin of your teeth but they are also a pretty extended slog. Each fight takes quite awhile and even mop up will drag on.

No idea if I will hit the DLC at this rate but it’s fun so far.