Bad tv shows to avoid

AP Bio on NBC. Wife wanted to watch it, so I sat through the 3 episodes on Hulu. Such a horrid show. Cast is bad, jokes fall flat, I’m not sure what Patton Oswalt was on when he signed up for this.

The Seeker, the Sword of Truth series. Yes, it’s a decade old and your chances of running into it are essentially nonexistent, but if you ever should, run far far away. It is, to this day, the worst show I’ve ever seen.

Zeddicus Zu’l Zorander does not approve of your message! @ArmandoPenblade

I enjoyed it enough, at times it reminded me of the cheesiness of Zena Warrior Princess and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.

The past 3 summers, Zoo has been on, and it was horrible. I think they finally canceled it!

Also the DOME was horrible.

The Seeker is good fun. The books are masturbatory garbage the author uses to preach his politics and delve into his sexual fantasies, but the show had little to do with that drek and it was better for it.

It needed more seasons and a tighter story arc.

But those costumes though! Hubba hubba!

That show also had a 2 episode cameo from Jolene Blalock! :D

I can beat you in this category. Fashion King, a k-drama about an aspiring fashion designer and her relationship with a bad boy who counterfeits designer clothes. At the end he gets suddenly shot and killed and it’s never explained who did it or why.

It’s actually much worse than I’m making it sound.

If we are to drag out decades old shows to avoid, I present to you “The Trouble with Tracy” which owes its existence to Canadian content regulations.

Small Wonder.

That is all.

She’s the Sheriff.

Hannity.

The second season of Eli Stone.

You should still watch the first season of the show. It’s this really entertaining show about a lawyer who starts dreaming about George Michael. He essentially has grown a conscience. It’s funny, it’s light-hearted, it’s worth your time.

The second season turns into this really dark, dire show about the nature of what happens to a messenger of god here on earth, and the hard choices he has to make. It’s not fun or funny any more. There are no more George Michael musical numbers, the set lighting gets really dark, the writing gets really dark, and the whole show is just depressing as hell.

The actor who plays Eli Stone would then play the bad guy in the worst season of Dexter after Eli Stone gets cancelled. I like thinking that this wasn’t just the same actor, but the same character.

In which Armando meets the first people he’s ever known who like The Seeker.

Agreed with @kerzain that the books are, somehow, monumentally worse.

I told you guys about the time that George RR Martin bit my head off at a con in Harvard when I dared question Goodkind’s bonafides, right?

Family Matters.

And I thought we could be friends, you. . . you. . . monster.

It’s worth noting I don’t even have proper memories of this show. I am conscious of the fact that I used to watch it sometimes. I have essentially zero recollection of my reaction to the show or its contents aside from what I manage to pick up via cultural osmosis from Urkel memes.

Nostalgia’s a hell of a drug.

I didn’t even watch it, but my dad did. Urkel drove me crazy.