Baldurs Gate 3?

I hope there’s a turn based option at least.

For sure, beta testing on that scope can be a big plus when done well, and I’m pleased that so many people will make the game better for me. But yipes, there never is another ‘first time’ and chancing that impacting your experience takes a special someone (or, at least, someone who doesn’t feel the downside so much).

Speaking of turn-based, I hope that, if it’s included, it’s an option as opposed to the standard method of play. I enjoy TB fine, but does it ever make a game artificially lengthy, especially if combat is secondary to the story, characters, exploration, and setting.

Guys, remember that BG3 is a Stadia game, which means that it is almost assuredly being developed primarily to be played with a game controller. I hope you’re all prepared for what the game really is.

Divinity played great on Xbox. I’m not worried at all.

It’s being made by the company that perfected controller use for these types of games.

Who’s doing what in the where now? God dammit, did I miss an announcement?

Yes.

OK, but that’s not saying it’s a Stadia exclusive, right? Unless I’m misreading it.

No, but it is saying that it’s gonna be developed from the get-go with console play in mind.

Yeah, not exclusive, but Stadia is only controller, at least for now, so that means some things don’t work and others get streamlined vs. a keyboard/mouse game.

Guess I will not be playing it then. Controllers are not my thing. I figured that out by trying to play RDR2. Can’t do it. Too old I guess. Sigh.

Oh, OK, I misunderstood.

The DOS games got console releases, as I recall, so the controller issue doesn’t really seem to be a problem with Larian.

If it’s like their other games it’ll work quite nicely with mouse and keyboard too, no worries.

Same here. I could not get past the first boss in Dark Souls 3 with a M & K. I can’t imagine though that an isometric rpg could not be played with M & K even if it was designed from the ground up with controller in mind.

It will work with mouse and keyboard just fine.

My understanding, and I may be wrong, is that with your computer plugged into your brain it’s still impossible. :)

There are a bunch of confused old people in this thread. Baldur’s Gate 3 is going to be great. Everyone will enjoy it.

I am a confused old person but I agree. Btw – there has to be continuity in the old games (your character) to this new thing … time to start a new run!

I learned to use a controller by playing Dark Souls. I now use it for any game that doesn’t feature shooting. I still prefer M/KB for shooters.

I would expect BG3 to start you with a new character.

Get off my lawn. :)

It’s been in development for a while - work was underway even before Divinity: Original Sin 2 shipped in September 2017 - but the wait will soon be over as Wizard of the Coast’s parent company, Hasbro, has revealed Baldur’s Gate 3 will release later this year on Steam early access.