Baldurs Gate 3?

BG2 is one of the best games of all time, definitely worth playing. KOTOR also.

I loved KOTOR as well, even though I wasn’t even a Star Wars fan at the time. Now that Episode 8 made me a Star Wars fan, I do wonder if I should go back and replay it one day, I bet I’ll get an even bigger kick out of it.

Thanks, but why?

Is this the class with fireballs?

Also, are you excited? I am.

Evocation School is the school of destructive magic. Not all offensive spells are found here, there are some in every school, but your classic fireball is indeed Evocation magic. Now, most Wizard or Sorcerer classes have access to many (or all, depending on if you choose to customize or not or what kind of sub-class you want to try out) of the schools of magic, such as Illusion, Enchantment, Abjuration, Divination, and etc. But if you want to be blowing shit up, make sure you don’t pick something that restricts or denies access to Evocation!

You have no idea. I’ve been waiting for this game since 2003.

Dammit between this and the BG replay thread, I think I feel a replay of the whole saga coming on. Good for being stuck at home!

I have Planet fall. And a powerful computer :)

Just apropos all the Ultima nostalgia that sprouted in this thread a while ago, GoG’s spring sale includes some nice deals. E.g. Ultimas 4-6 for a buck fifty. (Granted, U4 is free anyway, but still.)

As a brief aside I really like Ultima V.

Sort of the underdog secret best Ultima in my book. The kingdom now under an authoritarian rule by the newly introduced Lord Blackthorn, who usurped the throne after Lord British was lost, and his draconian laws turned the 8 virtues of the prior game on their head, with three sinister Nazgul corrupting the 8 towns via Lovecraft mind magic, replete with most of the returning characters in hiding, forming an under ground resistance of sorts. The situation is grim. Time to fix it.

Yeah, but, the Underworld was not fun. :-/

I agree. I think the introduction of NPC schedules and day/night cycles was a quantum leap in CRPG design, and there were many other improvements in systems over U4 (greatly expanded roster of inventory items, richer/longer conversations, simple ‘physics’ (objects could be moved around). And it was a stroke of genius to twist the virtues via Blackthorn.

U3 will always be my favorite but U5 is IMO easily the best of the Ultimas that were designed on 8 bit systems, at least.

New trailer and announcement of Early Access in August. Trailer doesn’t add a whole lot, but perhaps shows a few new PCs/companions (or at least their backs). I believe Larian had a few companions that they did not show in that original 2 hour preview. I’m excited for the variety and cautiously hopeful that they are as fully fleshed out as Larian’s brief demo implied. You know how that usually works out tho.

Fort the sake of ease:

And for an even better video (Community Update after the trailer). :) Includes some cool new monsters and another demo presentation on June 18th.

I feel like such an asshole for not feeling hyped about this.

It’s a weird combination of D:OS doing its best Dragon Age in the Baldur’s Gate universe.

I haven’t filled the pre-requisites to feel hyped about it yet.

Prerequisites:

• Play Baldur’s Gate 2 and expansion.
  • Play Divinity: Original Sin
  • Play Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Get over the fact that the main species in Baldur’s Gate 3 has huge horns on their faces.

Yea, if it didn’t say it was Baldurs Gate you would never know it was Baldurs Gate. I am interested, and I like a lot of Larian products, so I just hope it is a good game regardless.

All of this.

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█░░
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀░░░░

As opposed to Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numnenrar, ME: Andromeda and Tyranny made by the other leading studios making massive traditional RPGs?