Baldurs Gate 3?

Butt kicking for goodness?

Man - They do good trailers.
I still haven’t really dived into this Early access. I am kinda waiting for Controller support, but who knows if and when it arrives.

I played this a bit when it first entered EA. But since then I’ve been holding off under the idea that I don’t want to burn myself out prior to the game release. But they’re making it hard to hold off!!

I hope it has a dark and serious tone. I hate silly humor in my fantasy games like in Divinity Original Sin and Fable.

I haven’t played the beta but I have great confidence it will have at least some of that playful tone.

Damn the haters. Into my veins.

Comes out soon right?

Yes, if August 2023 fits your value of “soon.”

I’ve really enjoyed my (limited) time with the early access. It plays quite a bit different than DOS for those worrying about that.

Bah, I’ve waited this long, I can wait longer.

Sad that this is releasing so close to D4. Splitting my time between two must-play games, and considering D4’s expected longevity, isn’t my strong suit. Ah well, it’ll be great to have it when it arrives all those months from now.

Looks like with Paladins we are finally getting a revamp of the reaction system. Stuff like this makes me a bit more optimistic about the game’s 1.0 launch, for sure.

I haven’t paid attention to this since the release, but am I reading that right, that they haven’t increased the level cap from 4 in over two years?

How many levels are there total in a regular DnD game? 10?

Theoretically, 20, although your character level could go higher if you multiclass.

I think in the original BG you could only get to 6 or 7 right?

I think they had a limit on the number of experience points possible, so it technically varied by class (assuming got EVERY POSSIBLE POINT they would allow) from 8-10.

I think most people probably finished around level 7 though.

That’s correct. People tend to forget that in the old days, different classes had different XP level requirements.

They also announced Matt Mercer will be voicing Minsc.