Baldurs Gate 3?

Not sure if this is the BG3 thread but whether or not it is, here’s the release date trailer (spoiler: August 31). I have no idea what is going on in here.

I’m really happy they moved the release date from an expected June to August. That’ll give me a solid couple months of D4 before I have to split my time between the games.

But yeah, that trailer was not good. I only watched it once but I couldn’t describe the story to anyone if asked. I think there’s a bad guy with power he shouldn’t have or something and it’s your job to fix it. Ah well.

This guy is a pale imitation of Irenicus that’s for sure. That trailer doesn’t give me any Epic Villian vibes, it’s more like bulk rate stand-in. Would be sad to go from Sarevok in 1, Irenicus in 2, to a boring old dude in 3.

I’m not sure I understand where the confusion is coming from (maybe it’s so confusing that I’m confused!)?

The most recent posts in the thread are discussing Baldur’s Gate games including the voice acting for BG3, since the last bump of the thread was the announcement that Matt Mercer would be voicing Minsc.

Seemed remarkably on-topic for a Qt3 thread. Not a dinosaur or pizza argument in sight! :)

It’s the question mark! The question mark makes it unclear. :)

That makes sense! :)

Keep up man, dinosaurs are out; warthogs are in.

Perhaps I’m just easily confused. It happens to us old fogeys.

P.S., get off my lawn!!

I hear you, brother. :)

Has anyone seen my pants?

Don’t look now but I believe they’re on your head. ;)

Felt like it needed the addition of “I kid, I kid”

You guys are nuts. David Warner was great as Irenicus, but that’s J.K. Simmons! I’ll take him voicing anything!

I’d generally agree, but in that trailer him yelling “bow!” felt like me reading a Gloomhaven scenario.
Only less dynamic.

It’s no Cave Johnson, but maybe things will pick up.

Apparently, this guy in the trailer is one of three primary antagonists in the game, so that’s something. Explains why I didn’t quite catch the story from this trailer, because that’s not the story at all. You just have to get the flayer out of your head and he’s just one of the bads in your path. Somehow, I totally forgot about that over all the years of development, although I don’t know how since it’s literally in every logo.

And yeah, Simmons is great. But the character he’s portraying and the dialogue/writing have to be a good vehicle. Acting can only take it so far. Hope it comes together.

I’ve been told A-10s are, in fact, not “in”.

This is the game to disappoint me, so hopefully I will pleasantly surprised instead.

Funny how the final line (“bow!”) sounds like “Baal”. I wonder if that was intentional. ;)

No XBox

The CE is somewhat tempting, but $280 + tax and shipping is a lot for stuff I’ll just throw up on a bookshelf.