Baldurs Gate 3?

And an animated short.

I have a group of 5 that is playing MP Solasta. We also want BG3 to go to a larger party :)

So, straw poll.

• Already bought
  • Buy on release
  • Wait a month or 2
  • Buy on sale
  • Foxtrot Oscar Larian

0 voters

Buy on sale … if people are still happy with it after the honeymoon period. I’ll be staying around of this thread just before and just after release so that I don’t get suckered into another Distant Worlds 2 or Age of Wonder 4.

I’ll be buying at release. Did they have any benefit to ‘pre-ordering’ which I guess is early access? I don’t see anything listed on the store page on Steam that indicates buying ahead of release offers any extras in the released version.

I think the people who preorder get the game at the regular price but get automatically upgraded to the deluxe edition for free at release.

I bought this back in October 2020. So close to actually playing it now!

I have had it since it was first available. Played it a bit than put it aside until it releases.

Already bought on Steam so I could stop tempting myself with that $300 CE.

Option 1 and 2.

I already bought it, and I am going to buy it on release. The original I bought got refunded when Stadia closed (I bought it there).

Yeah, I’ll definitely wait on this one. I’m very Larian-skeptical after DOS2 and I’ve got an excellent D&D implementation in the form of Solasta to hold me for quite awhile. I’ll see where the consensus is in a few months (at a minimum) and make a call then.

Then again, “wait and see” is my stance for literally every game unless I feel indebted to the developer for their past work.

Ah, I tracked down the ‘deluxe version’ info. Since it’ll cost the same amount, I’ll pick it up ahead of release and then wait until release to play. Extras for no extra cost is my kind of bonus, especially for a game I intend on getting anyway.

I’m gonna pretend I’m gonna wait a couple months and then cave the first weekend it’s available and buy it late Friday night once kids and wife are in bed. So the typical big new release for me.

Bought this back when EA started 3 years ago. I’ve spent (checks Steam) 20 hours with the early access. Anxiously waiting for the full release.

I’ve played both of the D:OS games, but haven’t finished either. I’ve gotten pretty far in DOS2 but the systems and setting just never clicked for me. BG3, on the other hand, has none of that ‘barrier’ to enjoying it. Of course, I’ve been playing D&D for 40 years so the spells, setting, how the races work, and skill checks are all very comfortable and familiar to me.

I bout Divinity OS 2 years ago on a sale and I still haven’t played it. So I don’t plan to buy this anytime soon.

I have over 100 hours in EA and I’ve about drowned in the Kool-aid.

BG3 launches Thursday 8/31. Starfield launches Wednesday 9/6 with “up to” five days early access if you pre-order.

I’m not sure I’ll even bother creating a character.

I’ll have created a character but then Phantom Liberty will come along on 9/26…

Who am I kidding, I’m about 5 years behind on gaming - still sitting on the Pathfinder games for lack of time for example. Starfield and BG3 (fully patched up and with their attendant expansions) should make for some amazing fun in about 5 years when I get to them. :)

If it makes a difference preordering BG3 also allows you to play 3 days early (thru Act 1).