Baldurs Gate 3?

Ok great reveal … great company …. uh … ok … let me try and find my BG character…(I am not sure we had clouds then).

Assuming I wanted some continuity I guess I would have to run BG1, Dragons (something), BG2 and then finally all the dc. How long did that take again? 120 hours? Sigh I new I should have saved “Elkhorn” to a floppy back in '02.

(that wasn’t my real characters name – Protect the innocent and all that)

The BG1 expansion was Tales of the Sword Coast, and the BG2 was Throne of Bhaal.

Ah… Thinking I was only buying the BG1 expansion, it turned out I bought it along with the full game, and then my nephew got my old BG1 copy as a gift.

Lam --that is a lotta game. A long hard campaign.

Yup. And what looks like a Cthulhu-like thing, too. Ominous to say the least.

A nautiloid apparently…

My problem – or expectant problem is – we need to start over game one. I have a solution for this I may explain soon. But trust me: It will be with a four party group that is NOT the npcs. Frankly If I run through BG again it will be with my own steady group not Minsc or whoever.

Sigh. I wish I had my old floppy disc save game…

We’re all saying that!

Well, I have at least two fun character ideas for a run through! So maybe it’s time I started…

I haven’t played Baldur’s Gate 2 yet, so I need to get on that one day. However, I don’t understand why anyone would replay the original Baldur’s Gate. It just wasn’t very good.

At the time it came out, it was an incredible game. But yes, compared to what followed it was not good.

If I did play it again (and I am tempted) it would be for completeness and nostalgia, and I’d probably add plenty of mods.

Blasphemer!

I love Baldur’s Gate 1 and have played it through 3 whole times. I really like the feel of very low level D&D adventuring. There is something very unique about it. Also there is way more exploration compared BG2. Although I could probably do without the Firewine Bridge dungeon. What a silly place.

I missed the exploration in BG2, probably my only niggle with it.

The one thing I didn’t understand about both BG1 and BG2 was why they accepted such an incredibly bad approach to pathing. Now I understand very well that they didn’t have enough memory in those days to just lookahead perfectly for a party of characters who physically interfere with one another. But the solution to this problem is not bulling blindly ahead with an aggressively stupid algorithm and allowing a click on a destination to disperse the party as they wander randomly around the map.

Either the corridors should have been wide enough to allow the party to move in programmed lockstep, or the party shouldn’t have had the kind of physics it had, or at the very least party members suffering from a pathing failure should have simply waited for the path to clear instead of the wizard deciding to explore an unknown dungeon area on his own.

But no, you had to just keep clicking and clicking and clicking and pausing and unpausing to prevent the party from breaking up. And the formation shape choice made virtually no difference. So annoying.

Fingers crossed for controller support and local co-op, as in their Divinity games.

There was also not much on Internet that told you how others did it. Starcraft had the same problem with god damned Dragoons and Goliaths.

On my second playthrough onwards i realised the only solution was to give all of my party Boots Of Speed so at least when half decided to go the long way round it wouldnt take too long.

Confirmed 5E rules.

Oh yes, I always cheated in boots of speed for that very reason.

So clarification: did they actually say there were going to be “no misses?”

If so, can we please give the D&D license to someone that actually wants to use the D&D rules set? Please? It’s literally been decades.

To be fair, D&D systems suck in video games anyway, so it’s okay if they’d like to fix them if they’re gonna waste so much of their time and talent making this game even though there are better things they could be doing.

I couldn’t disagree more. I love D&D mechanics, and desperately want a modern PC game making use of them. This does not seem like a tall order to me.