Bargain Thread 2015

I hadn’t checked the price for Virtue’s Last Reward, but ten dollars is excellent for that too. To give you an idea of how good it is, I’m so excited for the final Zero Escape game that I have two copies preordered!

Hah, I had just enough in my wallet to get Half Minute Hero, which looks great.

Our stupid store doesn’t even have the game, let alone any discounts. I imagine the Europe store is the same. Which is dumb, as the game did originally get a Euro release.

That’s so stupid!

Yay! I’ve been waiting on a sale on that forever!

What kind of game is ZHP? I tried searching for it several times on the store, and couldn’t find it. Finally I followed the link upthread and discovered there are multiple pages of survival sales, not just one, and ZHP is on the last or second last page. But the description on the store doesn’t really give too much of a clue:

Zettai Hero Project… Engage! You, the protagonist, were on your way back from the neighborhood convenience store, when you witnessed a fatal traffic accident! The victim handed you a strange-looking belt before taking his last breath. That belt was the morphing belt needed to turn into the “Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger!”

You weren’t given just the belt! The fate of the universe now rests in your hands, as the final boss, Darkdeath Evilman, plots to destroy the world! There’s no time left before the decisive battle is set to begin! You became a hero entirely on a whim, but the final boss battle is already here!

It’s labeled an RPG. I’m guessing, turn-based battles, kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics maybe? Or something similar?

PSN also has a spend $100 from your wallet, get $15 back going right now, so the flash sale’s a good way to pad out other purchases if you need it. Like if you’re stuck at $99.98 or something.

It’s a turn-based roguelike in which you’re encouraged to “die”, as your character has persistent upgrades that they keep after a run, so you run through a bunch of levels, get defeated, get your permanent upgrades, start again. So much fun.

ZHP a true rogue-like: you move a step, enemies move a step. Fight enemies by bumping into them, usually. Story dungeons tend to be 5 or 10 levels each, and so if you clear one, you keep the aforementioned levels/loot/etc. On top of that, there are the typical NIS stat & equipment upgrades to sky-high levels.

obBargain: Humble Store has Dark Souls II Scholars of the First Sin for $24.99 - 50% off. It’s the headliner for the Namco-Bandai sale.

Mad Max is$20 over at Indie Gala

Steam Key.

Also Idie Gala is giving away [B]Vertical Drop Heroes[/B] for free. [Check the banner.](https://www.indiegala.com/store#banner_form_box) Uncheck the box if you don't want the newsletter.  

> Vertical Drop Heroes is a procedural platformer RPG hybrid with roguelike elements, where your hero adventures through randomly generated stages.
 Steam reviews are Mostly positive (290). 

-Todd

I enjoyed the bit of co-op Vertical Drop Heroes I played, but note that the game is rather prone to crashing.

I grabbed a key from Alienware’ giveaway for 75% off off a platformer called Pid. I decided I’m not going to use it. It sounds like you redeem the key like you would any Steam game key, then you can buy it for the discount: NCZPH-4439K-363L7

Steam Monday: OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood - $7.49 - 50% off.
[indent]Precision running and jumping. Some people will really really love this game.[/indent]

Steam weeklong deals. What’s interesting this week?
[ul]
[li]One Way Heroics - $0.87 - 75% off.
[/li][indent]One Way Heroics Plus (the new DLC) is $5.19 - 20% off. A unique constraint on a roguelike.[/indent]
[li]Hero Siege - $1.49 - 75% off.
[/li][indent]According to description/reviews, this is a twinstick shooter/rogue/ARPG. Kind of like The Binding of Isaac.[/indent]
[li]Survivalist - $2.99 - 40% off.
[/li][li]Waves - $0.99 - 80% off.
[/li][indent]Still the official twin-stick shooter of KaoFloppy. One thing I really like is the mechanic of how your one bomb continues to refill as long as you can keep killing a whole lot of enemies per bomb.[/indent]
[li]JumpJet Rex - $5.99 - 50% off.
[/li][indent]The challenging platformer of the week.[/indent]
[li]The Sun and the Moon - $3.49 - 50% off.
[/li][indent]Scratch the above. THIS is the challenging platformer of the week. You can jump into the ground and the gravity gets reversed. There’s no way I can play this.[/indent]
[li][b]BloodRayne - $0.99 - 90% off.[/b]
[/li][indent]Also for sale $1 are BloodRayne 2 and BloodRayne Betrayal.[/indent]
[li]Guns, Gore & Cannoli - $6.69 - 33% off.
[/li][/ul]

I’d throw a rec on OWH/OWH+ really smartly designed game. OWH+ is good once you beat OWH enough, most of the challenge comes from harder constraints like the Dimensional Ruler and Tourist.

Squishy the Suicidal Pig is also great for $0.16. It’s a puzzle platformer where the goal is to die at the end of the level. How you get to the death mechanism is up to you. Some of the levels have shortcuts to ‘death’ as well if you’re smart ;)

Hero Siege is very unlike Binding of Isaac unless Binding had a horde mode. Hero Siege never clicked with me.

One Way Heroics is amazing. AMAZING.

Some additional bargain bin finds on Steam’s Weeklong Deals:
Sunblast : Starfighter is $0.19 (trading cards)
12 Labors of Hercules II : The Cretan Bull is $0.20 (trading cards)
Labyronia RPG is $0.29 (trading cards)
Ascension to the Throne is $0.74 (older 1C strategy title)
Konung 2 and Konung 3 are $0.74 each (older 1C RPG titles)

Over at BundleStars.com they have a Warlock Complete Bundle for $9.99 that contains both Warlock : Master of Arcane and its sequel, Warlock 2, plus all the available DLC for both games. The Warlock games are good, well worth $5 each with all their DLC included.

For the zestier, more adventurous among you:

You can get Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide for $13.21 over at Nuuvem.

You will need the Chrome browser with TunnelBear browser extension. Set location to Brazil before checking out.

Steam key, can confirm that it redeems on US Steam account.

-Todd

Steam Tuesday: Super Meat Boy - $2.99 - 80% off.

Steam midweek #1: Worms Collection - $13.49 - 85% off.
[indent]Isn’t just one Worms game enough?[/indent]

Steam midweek #2: Hacknet - $7.49 - 25% off.
[indent]Terminal based hacking adventure game.[/indent]

Steam launch of the week: Rebel Galaxy - $17.99 - 10% off. QT3 thread here.

Yes, it’s called Worms: Armageddon.