Bargain Thread 2015

Did they ever fix the problem with experience and levels? Originally there was a bug with experienced gained, so the characters in the base levelled up faster than the ones you actually used on missions.

Steam today: Memoria - $3.99 - 80% off.

Steam midweek #1: Carmageddon: Reincarnation - $14.99 - 50% off. Early Access.

Steam midweek #2: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions - $9.89 - 34% off.
[indent]Hey it came back on sale! It’s a sign for me to go buy this…[/indent]

Some decent deals in Xbox land, including a few arcade titles. The first Forza Horizon is definitely worth $10 (w/Gold).

Titanfall DLC and Season Pass seems to be free at the moment.

Memoria is probably the best adventure Daedalic has ever made, it plays a bit like The Longest Journey and is not one of their failed attempts to recreate Monkey Island. The prequel Chains of Satinav is on sale too, it adds a bit more background to the characters but the Memoria plot is standalone.

Steam today: Distance - $13.39 - 33% off. Early Access.
[indent]“Survival Racing Game”. Full of neons. I’ll pass.[/indent]

Your avatar is full of neons. ;-)

-Todd

Warlock 2: The Exiled is on sale at Gamersgate for only $5! All DLC is 50-66% off as well. 10 hours left.

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Just noticed that I have 193 hours invested in Warlock 1 (wow, seriously!?)…so probably a no-brainer for me to buy #2 and 5 DLC’s for $20.

How does it compare to the first Warlock game? Off to Metacritic!

It was well-enough received with a 73 meta, but Steam has mixed reviews, a lot of negatives from 2 camps: Mac/Linux support issues and people who bought early and were pissed about same day as release DLC. For my win7 system and getting the game and 5 DLC’s for $20, neither are a concern for me.

Neveryoumind

Now that we’re seeing more and more people mentioning Nuuvem, I gotta ask - is it totally legit to buy from them? Not that I think that the keys are illegal or anything like that, but it’s more that we’re all sort of buying into the setup that you can only purchase cheap games if you use a VPN to pose as a purchaser from another country. I’m not calling anyone out and I don’t want to get into a big discussion and derail the thread but is it fair to boil their deals to “you get a good price if you pretend to be from somewhere that’s not the US”?

On some of their deals, there’s no region restriction when you put it into your cart. To me, those seem fairly kosher. They’re looking at your IP address in North America or wherever and selling to you.

I think the deal I just mentioned is less than good, though, since it involves using a VPN. Post deleted.

Nice. Just paid for it by selling a bunch of Steam trading cards and some kind of CS:Go crate.

Yaaaay, enjoy!!!

Its essentially the same game. If you are bored of the first one, then you are bored of the 2nd one.

It’s a really good game. You’ll like it.

This

and this.

It really is more of the same, with some improvements. I don’t remember the exact difference between the 2, but it’s not much. I felt like the AI was better in W2. W2 did have the addictive 1 more turn feeling, so I feel like it is a much more polished version of W1. If you liked Warlock, for $5 you can’t go wrong.

Well, I never really got a chance to play the first Warlock (fired it up and then ran into some kind of bug whereby the interface was covering up a button I needed to press). In any case the GG deal is gone. I’m sure there will be another at some point.