Bargain Thread 2015

Lord of the Hunt is ok. The last one (Bright Lord?) was pretty lame. It focused mostly on the mind control stuff and I wasn’t a big fan of that. A lot of the other DLC is focused on time trials and free roaming challenges. I actually really enjoyed some of those but you don’t really need any of them.

Steam today: Kenshi - $11.99 - 40% off. Early access.
[indent]QT3 thread.[/indent]

Steam weekend #1: Far Cry 4 - $35.99 - 40% off.
[indent]75% off all older games in series. FC4 DLCs are not on sale, but there’s a Gold version on discount…maybe it has all the DLCs.[/indent]

Steam weekend #2: Amplitude Endless Pack - $39.99 - 50% off.
[indent]Includes Endless Space, Endless Legend, and Dungeon of the Endless.[/indent]

Steam weekend #3: Fractured Space - $7.49 - 25% off. Early Access. Free weekend.
[indent]“DOTA in space”.[/indent]

Also, EL and DotE are free to play this weekend. And simply launching those games this weekend will add to the Free Weekend Stretch Goals, which unlock game content.

Also, click on the game’s Install button, and the game is yours to keep, even after the free weekend ends. But word is it’s a F2P game, so not sure if this matters.

Fractured Space is ultimately going to end up as a F2P game, but currently is a pay-for product during the Early Access period (this weekend aside, obviously) with extra goodies to anyone who gets in before it ends.

Usually as soon as I see the words DOTA I run. I’m lucky to even notice “in space” already.

New weekly humble bundle: Strategy 2
Pay what you want for:
[ul]
[li]Frozen Synapse Prime (!)[/li][li]Shattered Planet[/li][li]Skulls of the Shogun[/li][/ul]
Beat the average (currently $2.77) for:
[ul]
[li]Castle Storm[/li][li]Bloodsports.tv[/li][/ul]
Pay $12 or more to get Endless Space, Emperor Edition. (That’s double this weekend’s price on Steam…)

Man, $1 minimum for Shattered Planet and Skulls of the Shogun is a STEAL. Anyone who doesn’t own them should jump on the first tier of the bundle this week. I hear Frozen Synapse Prime may not be as good as the original, but considering the price…

I know as much as Jon Snow about Castle Storm and Bloodsports.TV. Seems like weird games to put in the BTA tier though.

And yes, Endless Space is fun, but on sale often (including right now) for cheaper elsewhere.

I didn’t like Castle Storm. The jousting was too clunky. It was cute to take a spin for an hour or so, after than I lost interest.

Endless Legend with a free weekend on sale on Steam at 50% off so decided to grab the Emperor Edition. I’ve heard good things, looking forward to playing it after Pillars of Eternity.

I grabbed the BTA bundle since I have no interest in Endless Space. I’ll try to give Castle Storm or Bloodsports TV a shot tonight or tomorrow if my arm cooperates.

As far as being a weird tier, does anyone know if there are any good articles or insights on how these bundles come together? I’d be fascinated to see how some pretty random games get lumped together.

Just played a game of this and it’s honestly pretty solid for an alpha.

I’m pretty dubious on EA titles these days anyway, but a title that has been in alpha since at least 2011 launching on EA? No thanks

GamersGate has a spring sale going. Looks like it has some good prices if you don’t already have the game of course.

Yeah, I keep it on my wishlist so I don’t lose track of it, but “unrealized potential” is all I’ve seen thus far and so I have yet to buy it.

Big RPG Weekend Sale in the Humble Store this weekend. Tons of RPG games 33%-75% off. Highlights include:

[ul]
[li]Grim Dawn - $14.99
[/li][li]The Witcher Enhanced Edition - $2.49
[/li][li]The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $4.99
[/li][li]Wasteland 2 - $19.99
[/li][li]Van Helsing Complete Pack - $6.79
[/li][li]Van Helsing II Complete Pack - $6.79
[/li][li]bit Dungeon II - $2.99
[/li][li]Legend of Grimrock II - $14.39
[/li][li]Legend of Grimrock - 3.74
[/li][li]ArcaniA and Gothic Bundle - $9.99 (Gothic I, II and III Gold Editions, plus ArcaniA and it’s expansion)
[/li][li]Lords of Xulima - $9.99 (cheapest I’ve seen it yet)
[/li][/ul]

Playstation flash sale just started in NA. Mostly PS3 action games. A lot of prices aren’t too hot. There’s a few good deals in there like Beyond Good and Evil HD ($2), Dante’s Inferno ($3) and Anarchy Reigns ($5).

Ohhh, The Warriors for $3, been meaning to pick that up!

Thanks for this. It looks like the Witcher games are GOG keys, and I’ve been meaning to grab a DRM free copy of the first game (I have it on Steam, but for some reason Steam keys can’t be redeemed on GOG for a corresponding DRM free version–or at least mine wouldn’t).

If you own the witcher anywhere I believe you can put that key into GoG and you’ll get the DRM free version from there. Let me go find the link for you. I know I did it.

Does this still work to redeem witcher keys on GoG? I used it a while ago.

Yeah, I tried that, and it didn’t work for me, and the rigamarole involved in “proving” you have it seems to apply only to retail copies, so for $2.49 I can live with buying the game again.