Bargain Thread 2015

I was an backer on this or something. I can’t even remember how I got it. I stuck with it for a couple of hours, but it was just…dull.

Steam today: Don’t know, didn’t see anything by 1:20pm.

Steam midweek #1: Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty - $11.99 - 40% off.

Steam midweek #2: Skullgirls - $2.99 - 80% off. Free play for 5 days.
[indent]Beowulf was released back in April 17. Don’t forget to grab it, for us owners![/indent]

Steam midweek #3: Assassin’s Creed franchise sale. If you absolutely have to buy one in Steam (instead of amazon.com) before the Great Summer Sale, here you go.
[ul]
[li]Unity - $29.99 - 50%.
[/li][li]Rogue - $32.49 - 35%.
[/li][li]Black Flag - $19.99 - 50%.
[/li][li]Freedom Cry - $3.74 - 75%.
[/li][li]Liberation HD, III, Revelations - $4.99 - 75%.
[/li][li]…not on sale: 1, 2, Brotherhood
[/li][/ul]
Steam new release of the week (again?): This Starry Midnight We Make - $8.99 - 10% off.
[indent]From Carpe Fulgur! You know, Recettear? “Capitalism Ho!” This game itself is from Cavyhouse, and is some kind of…puzzle game? There’s a free demo to try first.
SpaceDrake’s blog post on the game.[/indent]

Incidentally, amazon.com started their own digital games sale today. Use this link to browse the games, and if you feel like, double back to QT3 front page and search for the game again before buying it! There are Assassin’s Creeds, Calls of Dutys, Fallouts, and other AAA titles.

Amazon has their summer sale going on now!

Better prices on the AssCreed games, exampleAC:Rogue Digtial Deluxe is $15.

So does GamersGate.

I am not a big fan of the “click to reveal the deal” style Amazon is using for this sale. On the other hand, it’s better than GamersGate, who’s interface is terrible. “Here’s 647 games on sale, we’re not going to feature any of them, sort them in any way, or otherwise clue you in on what might be a good deal, we’re just going to leave it to you to browse through them and find what you’re looking for.” Ugh.

Yeah, I tried looking through both of those and gave up quickly. Gamersgate at least lets you sort by discount percentage, but Amazon is just a mess.

Yeah 5 minutes on there and I just think ill wait a week for the Steam sale instead

So what’s the story with AC:Rogue (which totally flew under my radar)? Is it worth checking out, or should I just play Freedom Cry instead if I want more AC sailing ship type play?

I picked up The Walking Dead Pack on the Gamersgate sale for $10 (80% off). Seemed like a good deal.

edit also:

Gamersgate also lets you sort by top sellers, which is a pretty good way to separate some of the wheat from the chaff.

I mentioned this in the GOG thread, but worth noting here too:

GOG Summer Sale starts now!

SimCity 2000 - free for everyone who spends at least $1.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - free for everyone who spends at least $20.
Xenonauts - free for everyone who spends at least $50.

-Todd

All the summer sales are actually starting before summer!

I need the steam sale so I can figure out if the stuff is on my backlog already or not.

New 2$ bundle.
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/cryptic-bundle/

Adventure games:
[indent]Lost Chronicles of Zerzura [/indent]

Hidden object games:
[indent]Alex Hunter - Lord of the Mind
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome
Elementary My Dear Majesty
Hidden Object Bundle 5 in 1 [/indent]

Stuff you’ll probably never play:
[indent]Governor of Poker 2
Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens
Lucid
Puzzle Station 15th Anniversary
Royal Defense [/indent]

9 days until Steam sale begins. Have you clean up / stock up your wishlist yet?

Steam today: Space Run - $3.74 - 75%.

Nothing in particular: ARK: Survival Evolved - $24.89 - 17% off. Early access
[indent]Why is this game #1 top seller today (day of its release)? Has anyone here heard of it?[/indent]

Public Service: Congratulations to garin for his Kickstarter for Monster’s Den: Godfall making funding goal. Now let’s help push it past all of the stretch goals, 'cos if he’s not busy he’ll start bugging us on J2EE questions. We don’t want that. QT3 thread here.

Huge push on Youtube and other video/streaming people the past couple of days.

Checking my wishlist, I’m wondering why I added Raven’s Cry. 27/100 score. Did someone here recommend it?

I really liked Space Run, I give it a thumbs up!

Freedom’s Cry is pretty much identical to the main game. I believe Rogue moves some of the action into icier climes.

Not me. Let’s check out the page…nice picture of a great facsimile of a Disney Pirate…$55…an entire wall of thumbs down reviews. Neat.

I just bought 2 or 3 things from my wishlist last week; it’s down to a mere 27 games. Yay.

Meanwhile gog.com has added to its sale items. Next update in 12 hours. Some highlights:
Legend of Grimrock 1: $2.29; … 2: $5.99.
Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers 20th anniversary: $7.00; … 1/2/3 $1.49 each.
Desktop Dungeons Enhanced: $5.09
Sept…never mind.
Mutant Blobs Attack: $1.99
Bastion: $3.79
…and more

It is hilarious…ly awful.