Bargain Thread 2016

That’s an amazing damned deal.

So what’s the best one? I’m curious about the series but being realistic I’m not likely to play more than one of them.

I think the second one is pretty awesome, but for $6, just get 'em all and start with the first.

I should probably commit to this as well, to force myself to finally sit down and play Steins;Gate.

There are three different “Spellforce 2” games there – which is “the second one”? I assume the gold edition came first, and the other two are expandalones building on it, but do they improve on the formula? While it’s possible that I’ll fall in love with the series and ignore the rest of my backlog for a few months to play through it all, the more likely scenario is enjoying a dozen-odd hours and then being ready to move on, so I’d rather that time be with the overall best iteration of the series.

He means Gold, which is Spellforce 2 and the Dragon Storm expansion. Faith in Destiny and Demons of the Past are technically still Spellforce 2, though (both late expandalones).

Yeah, sorry, 2 Gold. I’ve not yet played the expandalones, but if they’re more of 2, that’s a good thing.

I sure wish that buying ultra-cheap games also bought you a separate dimensional time pocket to play them in.

DiRT Rally for $0.99.

Whoops. Supposed to go with a video card purchase!

I have Spellforce 2 Gold and Spellforce platinum, if I buy the whole set as a gift, will I be able to give those to games away?

I don’t believe so, no.

That is lame, since the two games I am missing along is 2 dollars more than the package deal. I guess I will skip all this for now.

No.

I had a couple on the list also, and when I ordered it steam gave me a message that I already owned some of the games and would not get another copy.

I am in the same boat, so I looked out of curiosity and saw GMG is selling this now (and the 20% off coupon still works with it, too, I believe).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/rise-tomb-raider/

Just my opinion, but Faith in Destiny and Demons of the Past plus all the DLC for both games is worth $6 for those folks who already own Spellforce Platinum and Spellforce 2 Gold.

I was in the same situation many months ago, owning SF Platinum and SF2 Gold, when the whole package went on sale on IndieGala or Bundlestars (can’t recall now) for $5 or $6 and I decided to go for it just to complete the collection. Faith in Destiny and Demons of the Past were released in 2012 and 2014 respectively, and they complete the story from the earlier games. They both use an improved version of the Spellforce 2 engine, so they look a little nicer than the previous games, but otherwise they are more of the same unique blend of RTS/RPG gameplay that made Spellforce and Spellforce 2 a lot of fun. I’d say they are worth $3 each, especially when you include their DLC as well.

So, if you buy it as a gift, it becomes a single item in the steam inventory?

If it’s sold as a single package on Steam, then yes.

Shinyloot is “going dormant”.

http://www.shinyloot.com/forum/index.php/topic,86.0.html

Bummer. I am sorry to see them go, but it’s understandable. The market is saturated, and unless you’re offering up multiple bundles per week to spur views and sales it’s going to be tough going to exist purely as a digital distribution store competing with Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming, Humble Store, BundleStars Store, IndieGala Store and others.

Now to try and recall if I ever bought/own anything on Shiny Loot…