Bargain Thread 2016

I remember those. Old school point and click adventures but well done and very much in the spirit of the original series.

Are the versions on Gog the talkie ones using the voices of the original cast?

Edit: just checked…looks like this is indeed the talkie version.

They do include voice, yes. Really great games.

Wow, I didn’t even know there WAS a version with voice acting. Just for that, I’ll have to get 25th Anniversary and play through it again.

I bought this bundle, and it looks like they added:

• Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders
  • Elegy for a Dead World
  • Road to Ballhalla

And they added a 10% off Humble Monthly bundle coupon. But that last one comes too late for me, since I just bought the humble monthly 3 days ago at full price. I highly recommend it though, since Grim Dawn is excellent.

From the videos, both Elegy for a Dead World and Road to Ballhalla look really cool. Elegy is a game about writing. So it’s a massively multiplayer writing game, where other players like you are leaving notes in this dead world for you find? Could be cool, depending on if the writing is good. And Road to Ballhalla looks like a very nice 2D marble madness type game.

The ABC murders is 3rd person Hercule Poirot adventure where you’re investigating murders. It’s been a few decades since I read that book, so I doubt if I’ll remember the story. Maybe I should install this game and see how they handled it.

This looks like a fun game, and for the asking price, why not?

Wishlisted!

Edit: Awww, thanks for the gift RobC!

I also posted this in the iOS thread:

KOMRAD (iOS Universal) is free for the first time ever.

Nice new Gamepedia Anniversary Bundle on BundleStars.com. Three tiers:

Pay $1 for:

Pay $4.99 and receive:

• Massive Chalice
  • FORCED : Slightly Better Edition
  • Reverse Crawl
  • Neverwinter : Bane of Baphomet Pack (redeemed in game)
  • Ghost in the Shell : Section 9 Starter Crate DLC (redeemed in game)
  • 3 month Gamepedia subscription
  • 10% off coupon for next BundleStars purchase

Pay $7.99 and unlock:

• Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun : Dragonfall - Director’s Cut

Great deals at every tier. $1 for Awesomenauts is nice. $5 for Massive Chalice and Forced is a steal. And for $1.50 each you can add the Shadowrun games if you don’t already own them. Nice!

Massive Chalice is a steal all by itself at $4.99. If you don’t have it, get it now.

I think he meant Stean.

Bravo Sir. You made me laugh out loud.

Is the combat in the game turn-based? The game looks interesting, but my backlog is just absurd, and I don’t really care about the other games (worthy as they may be) so I figure I can get in future for 5 bucks, right?

For Massive Chalice? Yes, it’s turn-based combat. As an FYI, it’s dropped to $3.99 a few times during super sales on Steam, so if this is just for the back-burner and you have literally no interest in the other games, don’t feel super-compelled to grab it now. That said, it’s certainly worthwhile if you’re going play it sooner than later.

Massive Chalice combat is straight out of the X-COM playbook. It’s the strategic wrapper (especially the eugenics) that makes it special.

Tom did something on the front page about it back when it was new.

And a bit creepy. Like when the 65 year old king’s wife dies. Now to keep the babies coming you have to get him remarried. What’s that? The only available bride is 13? Oh well.

Apologies for the crosspost from the dedicated thread.

Hidden among the 392 Steam Weeklong Deals is Zombasite! 25% off.

Gamersgate is having an Illwinter Weekend sale.

Most are DRM free, but can be activated on Steam.

I wasn’t a huge fan of Conquest of Elysium 3. Is 4 a huge improvement?

The change to combat in 4 over 3’s is what makes 4 a much better game.

The original Dungeon Keeper is free, “On the House” via EA’s Origin.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house